HTS+Smart TV

iamchetan

I have samsung 40" 3d smart tv (with builtin wifi) my tv is capable of playing movies via USB.
I have Yamaha rx373 home theater.
unfortunately my rcvr do not allow movies from harddrive.

I am planning to buy media player. I wanted to know shall i go for it and how will it help me ?

I have samsung 40" 3d smart tv (with builtin wifi) my tv is capable of playing movies via USB.

I am planning to buy media player. I wanted to know shall i go for it and how will it help me ?

I also have 373, but I use the bluray player as a media player too i.e. HDD => BDPlayer => AVR => TV.

Most probably your TV supports ARC. Then you can enable ARC(audio return channel) on your AVR. This way you can play movies on your TV and the audio would be sent via the same HDMI cable to the receiver. Make sure you are using a High Speed HDMI cable.

Not sure about the Samsung's and what kind of files you will be playing, but most LG's can't decode DTS audio and if that is the case with your TV(provided you do download a lot of HD movies with DTS audio track) you may benefit from buying a media player

I agree will all that my TV has optical audio out, direct USB, Wifi but I have following issues

1. Not all formats are recognized by samsung
2. I am not happy with the sound output when played via direct USB.
3. My AVR do not support my portable HDD (1TB)
3. I have not tried optical out option yet.

I wanted to know will there be output diff between the following config

USB Data => Samsung TV --> Optical Audio --> AVR
USB Data => Media Player ---> HDMI ---> AVR --> HDMI --> Samsung TV

thanks

If your TV can't decode all formats then better buy media player. There can be SQ difference between optical out of TV and hdmi out of media player. Usually TV optical out volume is low.

Any hd media player with hdmi out will support 5.1. Some brands to consider are Asus oplay mini, Kaiboer, himedia etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back