Humdono (Rangeen)

Why would you people ask for that cropped travesty on DVD or Blu Ray? Don't you think having the original B & W restored for Blu Ray is more than enough? Haven't you seen how ugly those pastel-colors look? I'd be very happy with the original version on BD.

BTW, may Nanda RIP :(

Why would you people ask for that cropped travesty on DVD or Blu Ray? Don't you think having the original B & W restored for Blu Ray is more than enough? Haven't you seen how ugly those pastel-colors look? I'd be very happy with the original version on BD.

BTW, may Nanda RIP :(

If I had a choice would definitely prefer the B&W, but at the same time would not mind the colored one. As for how ugly the pastel colors look, to me they seemed lovely. I had taken my kids and my parents to see the movie, all three generations loved it, as did everybody else (admittedly very few people) in the theater. I guess ugly and beautiful are in the eye of the beholder really. :)

I don't really mind colorization (it didn't look as gaudy as Mughal-E-Azam though). But they chose to crop the original 1.33:1 (Full Screen) images to 2.35:1 (Cinemascope) destroying the whole cinematography.

Colorization I can understand and except, but the need to crop the priginal images to create a fake widescreen view is way beyond my comprehension. Its like cutting your family pic just to fit it into the photo frame you've bought.

This stupidity would go on and on and no one would give a damn to the director's intentions.

vkirti, was the song "Jahan Mein Aisi Kaun Hai" included in the colored version?
Were the credits re-done or the original ones were used?

vkirti, was the song "Jahan Mein Aisi Kaun Hai" included in the colored version?
Were the credits re-done or the original ones were used?

No idea sirji, saw the rangeen in the movie theater when it was released and to be quite frank have not watched the B&W for at least 20 years so don't remember it.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back