Humming noise from Wharfedale SW250 Subwoofer

krishnenduk

I am using Wharfedale SW250 with Onkyo receiver for the past 5 years and it served me without any problems. Now its making a strange humming noise without even connecting any signal input.

Mailed Wharfedale service and they have send me its service manual.. Have anyone got a clue whats the real problem with the subwoofer is?? Have anyone experienced any problems like this with their sub???

Check your sub woofer cable, if it is plugged! I had this same problem earlier with my SWF150, when it had a cable plugged it though and without anything played. changed the cables and it helped. Is the problem being resolved temporarily when switched off and back on.

If its without the cable being plugged in, then someone else could help you out here.

Last edited:
Check your sub woofer cable, if it is plugged! I had this same problem earlier with my SWF150, when it had a cable plugged it though and without anything played. changed the cables and it helped. Is the problem being resolved temporarily when switched off and back on.

If its without the cable being plugged in, then someone else could help you out here.

Hii,

Have tried another cable with the sub and it still have the humming problem.. Dont know what the problem is...

Checked that too... But the problem persists...:sad:
i HAD a similar problem with my subwoofer and avr. I tried connecting My subwoofer with a spare rca cable. But to no avail. I finally brought a new coaxial cable and soldered rca plugs on both ends which was decent enough. Hope you are not using old spare rca cable try getting a new one. Also See if by placing your finger on the LFE INPUT plug of the subwoofer with cable connected does the humming stop?

i HAD a similar problem with my subwoofer and avr. I tried connecting My subwoofer with a spare rca cable. But to no avail. I finally brought a new coaxial cable and soldered rca plugs on both ends which was decent enough. Hope you are not using old spare rca cable try getting a new one. Also See if by placing your finger on the LFE INPUT plug of the subwoofer with cable connected does the humming stop?

Without even connecting the rca cable or any input the sub is making the humming noise.. So i am sure its not a problem with the rca cable..

Will check if placing my finger on the input makes any difference!!!

Back