Hypex-Nilai

sidvee

Have any FM's heard this amplifier? There is a lot of buzz about these and they seem relatively inexpensive. I am quite excited about the direction Class D is taking now-a-days. The earliest ones used to sound very tonally lean and barren, however the newer ones are beginning to sound excellent, well fleshed out, and competing well with class a/b - and their measurements are peerless. I am going to consider getting a pair of these, or even the stereo option down the road.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing 😊.

Definitely interesting times ahead. The beta testing program for peachtree's GaN 200 watt Power amp has just gotten underway. Just yesterday, a guy who's ears I trust auditioned a class D Primare i35 against the class AB exposure 3510 power amp, and surprisingly found the primare to be better by a evident margin on his harbeth's. The surprising bit was that class D did tone and texture better than the class AB. And still matched the exposure at prat and drive on heavy metal, which has always been a exposure forte. And still class D is in its infancy. Once the big guys start spending R&D money on better implementation of these class D boards, I guess they will really bloom.

The Gallium Nitrate Class D amps are attracting a lot of attention although I have yet to hear one.. I was hoping to hear a NAD M33 someday but unable to audition it in Delhi/NCR.. . Waiting to hear the NAD with the new/latest Purifi module as an all in one M33 update or the HifiRose RS 520

I had a nuprime st10. It sounded excellent to my ears, though I sold it, I have yet to find an amp. it its price range that sounds better, especially when paired with a tube pre amp.
The Gallium Nitrate Class D amps are attracting a lot of attention although I have yet to hear one.. I was hoping to hear a NAD M33 someday but unable to audition it in Delhi/NCR.. . Waiting to hear the NAD with the new/latest Purifi module as an all in one M33 update or the HifiRose RS 520
The NAD M23 is getting rave reviews, I also want to hear it.
Cheers,
Sid

Have any FM's heard this amplifier? There is a lot of buzz about these and they seem relatively inexpensive. I am quite excited about the direction Class D is taking now-a-days. The earliest ones used to sound very tonally lean and barren, however the newer ones are beginning to sound excellent, well fleshed out, and competing well with class a/b - and their measurements are peerless. I am going to consider getting a pair of these, or even the stereo option down the road.
Cheers,
Sid
Havent heard the above amp but my entire amplification setup is a mola mola setup and its just awesome ! So yes Class D has come of age.
Cheers!
Anand

Havent heard the above amp but my entire amplification setup is a mola mola setup and its just awesome ! So yes Class D has come of age.
Cheers!
Anand
I believe the Nilai is the latest iteration of the n-core, on which the mola mola kaluga is based. Of-course I haven't heard either, so can't really comment on these specifically, but at-least where Class D is concerned I have experienced that the newer ones sounding significantly better than the older. I had early belcanto/Nuforce designs that were utterly lifeless. Anyways I am sure the Kaluga's are excellent - and they are designed by the topmost designer in the field, just stating my experience. I feel class D is is like digital, newer tech. is sounding much better - at-least to my ears.
Cheers,
Sid

Sid,

Thanks for sharing info on the Hypex-Nilai. Must look them up.

Among the Class D amp manufacturers, VTV has got my attention.
The model I was looking at recently was the stereo amp based on the Purifi 1ET400A module with the tube buffer.

I agree that the Class D segment is a very interesting area for audio. I think it offers a tremendous upside.
I really wish some of our local amp manufacturers are able to make some Class D offerings.

Regards

Among the Class D amp manufacturers, VTV has got my attention.
The model I was looking at recently was the stereo amp based on the Purifi 1ET400A module with the tube buffer.

This is sort of similar to the sound I prefer, of course in my case I use an external tube pre-amp. To my ears this type of implementation sounds the best. I have done 2-3 pairings of tube pre's with my previous Nuprime ST10 and the sound was just sublime.
Cheers,
Sid

I agree. I use a tube pre at the moment with Class AB amps.
Looking very closely at what Class D amps have to offer specially with my ATCs.

I would say Class D is already pretty good and would serve 95% of casual audio requirements.
I think it will just boil down to personal taste whether one uses Class D amps or not.

Will stay tuned on the Hypex-Nilai ...

I used an Ayon Skylla II DAC/Preamp, with the Nuprime ST10 driving ATC SCM19 v2's. This combination synergized very well indeed.
Cheers,
Sid

These amps. are also getting a lot of buzz, after being shown at the 2022 Florida audio show. They are high on my list especially since they have been developed by a veteran tube equipment mfr., will plan to listen to them.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:

I would say Class D is already pretty good and would serve 95% of casual audio requirements.
I think it will just boil down to personal taste whether one uses Class D amps or not.

Will stay tuned on the Hypex-Nilai ...

I personally think in a blind test (talking about myself) I will not be able to tell any difference between a class D vs others. The differences between class D amps and other classes are similar to differences that exist between various class A/B amps.

Listened to class D amps over the past few months with some nice preamps - tubes & class A buffer; and I say - there is nothing wrong, if you remove the bias.

**these are opinions so :)

Why it is hard to find any Hypex / Purifi based Amp in India ?

Is there anyone who builds Class D Hypex NCXXXMP module based Stereo Amps ?

Why it is hard to find any Hypex / Purifi based Amp in India ?

Is there anyone who builds Class D Hypex NCXXXMP module based Stereo Amps ?
You can find the Mola Mola range of hypex based amps at Absolute sound Surat . They are the distributors and dealers for Mola Mola.
Cheers!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back