I cried for new shoes until i saw man without legs..

drkavint

i own reliance hd-dvr past one year.. thought to change to tata sky for
1. slow change in channels
2. hdmi shakes (while playing recorded content, if i change to dvd/ other input on tv, the content stops playing and switches to live tv.)
3.poor channel packages.( star movies hd and movies now hd are not alacart, un wanted packages like bronze plus, i dont want any sports pack rather good english packs)
4. useless regional cinema packs.. keep repeating same old movies again and again.
*************alas************
i saw tata sky hd....oops
happy now.. dont mind taking sharp2 package and max package and staying with reliance atleast for its picture clarity.....
beleive me tatasky hd sucks... feel pity for those who own it...
compared both reliance and tata oops... reliance owners must be proud that they got the best in video..
no comments on audio because my onkyo has not yet arrived...

Your onkyo will not do any magic, it will decode whatever encoded, yes we are unlucky that TS+ HD sucks on PQ for SD channels, still I will advice
For TS+ HD
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for showing me the light cause i know that apart from the cc airtel is one of the best in both PQ & SQ

i have both ts hd (not plus)and rdtv hddvr hd channels look almost the same on both in my setup, ts hd got dolby and stargold/world hd channels which tilts the balance towards it. i dont care much for sd pq, so opted for a minimum pack in ts hd ( the min required to get me hd gold pack)

Last edited:
thank you for showing me the light cause i know that apart from the cc airtel is one of the best in both PQ & SQ

Wow, thats completely wrong. Airtel SD is inferior to tata sky in PQ and I own it. If you are talking about the HD, I have no comments.

well buddy sorry to say but tata sky has excellent picture and sound for hd channels. for standard channels too quality is good. it seems either ur friend had faulty lnb or bad stb. i too had bad lnb which gave full signal but picture is not good and had cuts, engineers were not ready to change it saying as signal is fine then all is good but ultimately i made them change and then they had no answer as to how pic drastically imroved. so that may b the case with ur friend or his stb might b giving bruised picture which i too had suffered and got box replaced.
regarding airtel it is worse than tata sky in terms of picture and aftersales
Hmmm, I believe I know you :)

I would repeat myself, LNB CAN cause corruption of video and audio, which can be very apparent when it happens. However if that DOESN'T happen, there is no way we could blame LNB or the STB (other than HD STB which can be bad at upscaling).

Its a fact that TS SD picture quality and NOW (in the last 4 days) even HD PQ is pathetic atleast as compared with Dish TV and there is no comparison on Sound quality which is way better on Dish TV as they do not do any DRC. Also, the audio clicks, pops, drops, spikes, jitters (practically all audio issues one can face) exist in TS and some of us keep claiming that it has excellent PQ and SQ which is nothing but a white lie. Some channels even have MONO sound when its confirmed that in other DTH operators is Stereo and you still claim that it is great?

Now this is getting more and more confusing. First I thought of moving to Sun HD but after reading most of the negative reviews and SUN itself getting into knots with the recent scam I thought of moving to TS HD. Really which DTH provides good HD content for Video and Audio.

well here is my 2 cents...

I have both Airtel HD and Tatasky HD+. If your main focus is on HD channels, go for Tatasky. If its towards SD channels, go for Airtel.

Advantages of Tatasky

1. Most of the event based programs are covered (Only exception is Ten Cricket HD)
2. Asli HD (Star Gold transmits upscaled movies as well)
3. Cost is very less (All the event based programs are not charged)

Disadvantages of Tatasky

1. No Movies Now HD
2. Very less number of regional channels compared to other DTH's
3. Have tp space constraints (Hopefully will get resolved soon)
4. No universal remote

I would suggest to think over on your priorities and go by that.
Every one will have their have suggestions and they cannot decide it for you.

All the best for choosing the right DTH which is to your liking :)

One more thread of descriptive postings with unsubstantiated claims.

Folks check image comparison of TataSky and DishTV with real images posted by me earlier. Clearly shows TataSky to have an edge over DishTV in SD as well as HD.

I cried for new shoes until i saw man without legs..

I started Sobbing uncontrollably and got very emotional when I saw the title of this thread. I clicked on this thread link expecting a very heart-rendering and part philosophical account of a members sad experience in life. :sad:

And whats this?!!! A discussion geared towards whether one can ogle at and see the pores on Rakhi Sawant's skin better on TS HD or Reliance HD or Airtel? :licklips:

I leave this thread sobbing even more vigorously at the bad sense of analogy the OP has ... no no ... perhaps imagining Rakhi Sawant without legs? :rolleyes:

--G

Last edited:
^
ditto; I really think the OP has over stretched his imagination beyond normal understanding;

and BTW, Tata Sky's PQ/SQ is no match for any other dth provider; let the other service providers hee-haw that the grapes our sour...

Wow, thats completely wrong. Airtel SD is inferior to tata sky in PQ and I own it. If you are talking about the HD, I have no comments.

I dont think so. Airtel SD is equavalently good to tata sky sometimes better. I am the earlier owner of Tatasky SD box , now switched to Airtel HD box.I myself felt PQ is better in Airtel (picture is crisp and clear than tatasky) but signal quality is better in tatasky(no interupption in viewing).

Sometimes i find picture freezes/pixelates in Airtel..since i see this very rare i live with it.

Customer care is bad in Airtel and currently it has very less HD channels comparing to Tata sky.

During the rain Airtel strucks a lot to gain signal and it takes more than 15 minutes to resume some times resumes only after rain, but where in tata sky it used to resume in 5 minutes even in heavy rain and never get disturb.

Anybody observed this? Or this is my satellite direction issue?

Last edited:
well here is my 2 cents...

I have both Airtel HD and Tatasky HD+. If your main focus is on HD channels, go for Tatasky. If its towards SD channels, go for Airtel.

Advantages of Tatasky

1. Most of the event based programs are covered (Only exception is Ten Cricket HD)
2. Asli HD (Star Gold transmits upscaled movies as well)
3. Cost is very less (All the event based programs are not charged)

Disadvantages of Tatasky

1. No Movies Now HD
2. Very less number of regional channels compared to other DTH's
3. Have tp space constraints (Hopefully will get resolved soon)
4. No universal remote

I would suggest to think over on your priorities and go by that.
Every one will have their have suggestions and they cannot decide it for you.

All the best for choosing the right DTH which is to your liking :)

Major disadvantage..
Very less regional Tamil channels ...
I wont recommend tata sky for south indian if you are specifically looking for local regional channels. I myself switched to airtel because of this reason...even my friends.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back