I/O light flashing..help..need to connect HT to comp.

techspark

guys i have a 5 yr old sony mhc-gnz8d home theatre.

Link for Specification :
Sony MHC-GNZ8D Home Theater System - Best Price Buy Now - GandhiAppliances.com - - It's Free! : Gandhi Appliances, 110-220 Volts Refrigerators Washers Dryers Voltage Transformer, Multi-System LCD PLASMA, Region Code Free DVD Players, Unlocked GSM Cel

i havent touched this system since 2 yrs and now all of a sudden i hv gained interest in it but when i do the connections and try to power it on..the display shows loading..and suddenly the whole system goes off and the I/O light on the power button keeps flashing..nothing works..all i have to do is unplug the power cord and plug it back in

the manual says that this thing happens only either if there is blockage air or the speakers are short-circuited.

i m pretty sure that the speakers are not short...hv checked the wires and hv connected them properly...

although there is lot of dust on the system...but the rear fan works fine and the holes arent blocked either.

P.S should i be connecting all the five speakers together fr the HT to work..i m not connecting the surround speakers now as d connecting wires are missing..i m pretty sure as long as the front speakers are connected there shouldnt be a prob right ?

i donn wanna spend money on repairing it so i js thaught some of u guys might know what the problem is and can help me out .

my main aim is to connect the HT to my comp so that i can get 5.1 surround sound.

is there any way in which i can just connect the 5 speakers to the back of my mobo...my mobo supports 5.1 sound..so is it possible that i can just leave the main component aside and just connect the speakers directly to the back of my comp...i knw u hv to need some device to power the speakers and some convertors because the back of my mobo takes only 3.5mm type of connection wheres my speakers hv simple (+)(-) connecting wires..thats it

I m attaching pics of d back of my HT as well as my mobo...

i692174call05mb.jpg

Mobo
86602268.jpg

HT

All replies will be appreciated...Thanx.!

i donn wanna spend money on repairing it so i js thaught some of u guys might know what the problem is and can help me out

You have no option but to take it to a service centre for repair. That is unless you have the internal circuit diagrams and a detailed knowledge on electronics. It could be a simple case of cleaning, but unless you know what you are doing, your efforts will be vain.

my main aim is to connect the HT to my comp so that i can get 5.1 surround sound.

You can take audio out / digital out from your computer an connect it to the corresponding jack on your Sony system.

is there any way in which i can just connect the 5 speakers to the back of my mobo...my mobo supports 5.1 sound..so is it possible that i can just leave the main component aside and just connect the speakers directly to the back of my comp...i knw u hv to need some device to power the speakers and some convertors because the back of my mobo takes only 3.5mm type of connection wheres my speakers hv simple (+)(-) connecting wires..thats it

There are no speaker connectors on the back of your computer, so how can you connect speakers to it directly? It is just not possible.

Cheers

Thanx for your reply :)

I will try cleaning the whole unit properly and see if it helps..:)

Sorry bro, but i have very lil knowledge about the various ports and connectors...can u tell me in what way can i connect the speakers to my comp..?
and suppose my main unit is fried..in that case i will need a new receiver as well..so can u tell the way forward..what should i do...?

here is a pic of the back of my HT receiver...these are all the ports..let me know how i can connect this to my comp having the ports as shown in the pic in the first post.

imag0095a.jpg

And since the main unit goes off even when no speakers are connected, it confirms that the main unit (receiver) is the culprit and the speakers are just fine.? right ?..because i don want to spend on a new receiver and then end up realizing that the speakers have gone bad too...let me know what u think.

Thanx a lot for your time and help :)

Cheers!

Hello

I had a similar problem with the same deck system... Initially i disconnected all speakers and cables attached but didn't solved out... Later i tried cleaning the entire system... After opening the metallic cover, i saw enormous amount of dust and small dead insects :mad: .... After getting rid of them the system was back to normal. The picture of your back panel seems full of dust... i guess u need a thorough clean up... External cleaning would not help... You gotta go inside ... Think this might help you out :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back