i seek an advice regarding audio devices

bud eno

hello, my name is corrado.
i'm about to update my sound system, and if possible i would like to hear some opinion about my possibilities: i'll explain.
i have two goals, one is to listen to classical music with 150-200 headphones, being able to fully use their finesse and quality;
the other goal is to play a mute keyboard with a 30gb piano library without feeling any latency and with perfect sound.
my actual setup consist in a laptop with 2,1ghz and 2gb ram with windows xp, and a m-audio audiophile usb, very old model. the integrated audio of my 250, bought on 2007 laptop is not bad, at least not for me that i' m used to it, and at least i won' t hear any popping noise as when using the audiophile usb both for listening and for playing.
i've been reading more and more (because i search more) about DACs, and their quality improvements, so the questions are these, do you think is possible to find an external audio card that will be good enough to exploit the full potential of my new headphones and allow me to play flawlessly heavy vst instrument on the keyboard? will i need both a DAC and an external audio card? and wich price range would be an external audio card that will allow me to fulfill both my requirements?
thanks a lot in advance, hope the question makes sense and is pertinent to this forum because i' m a real newbie.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back