ICC Networks Digital HD cable service

vakharia

I could not find any information about ICC Digital HD service so, I am creating this thread where members can post relevant information.

They provide service in various cities including Pune.

I had a brief demo in their office since I was interested in their HD connection.

Pros: Good PQ for HD. Decent PQ for SD.
Monthly cost: Rs. 422

Best part: No charges for the STB.

If you are on rental accommodation, you have to provide rent agreement and pay Rs. 2500 security deposit which is refundable.
In case the STB conks off, they will provide a replacement. However, the adapter and the remote are not covered in this. You bear the costs, if they go bad.

Installation charges: Rs 500. But if you take 6 month subscription, then the charges are waived off.

HD channels: Around 19 of them listed on their site. Out of these I was able to see 17 of them actually working during the demo.
That is less compared to 27 channels offered by DishTV in their base HD pack (World Pack).

Here are the channels at the moment on ICC.
ICC HD HINDI
ICC HD WORLD
MOVIES NOW HD
NGC HD
MTUNES HD
HISTORY HD*
COLORS HD*
UTV STARS HD*
TRAVEL XP HD
ICC 3D REAL*
TRACE SPORTS HD*
BABY TV HD*
FOX TRAVELLER HD*
NG MUSIC HD*
NGC WILD HD*
NGC ADVENTURE HD*
ITV CHOICE HD*
ESPN HD*
STAR CRICKET HD*

Also notice that they have a 3D channel as well. The content on that channel seems to be repeated very often (based on the content published on their website and whatson website).

The STB is white in colour and does not look very attractive. It has HDMI port and an SPDIF output for the audio as well.

If anyone has any first hand experience, please share.

HD channels: Around 19 of them listed on their site. Out of these I was able to see 17 of them actually working during the demo.
That is less compared to 27 channels offered by DishTV in their base HD pack (World Pack).

If anyone has any first hand experience, please share.

Do not go by the number of 27 HD channels offered by DishTV as almost half of them are fake HD channels (DishTV upscaled HD). I used to have the DishHD package till last year and I can confirm that half of the HD channels look pathetic compared to SD quality because of wrong upscaling by DishTV. I think the true HD channels, only around 20+ are there which Videocon and some other providers provide.

Thanks

You are better off with Videocon D2H or Tatasky, if you are interested in HD. Tatasky is the best in quality, best customer service but also the most expensive. D2H has max HD channels, very good quality and the cheapest DTH service.

Forget about ICC, Hathway and other such cable services. The companies themselves are not bad but the local cable operators are thieves who do not pay taxes and protected by politicos.

Do not go by the number of 27 HD channels offered by DishTV as almost half of them are fake HD channels (DishTV upscaled HD).
I am trying to get a list of the true HD channels that Dish TV has. Can you help me with that?

You are better off with Videocon D2H or Tatasky, if you are interested in HD.
Forget about ICC, Hathway and other such cable services. The companies themselves are not bad but the local cable operators are thieves who do not pay taxes and protected by politicos.

While D2H is the cheapest, when I factor in the recording option, then it becomes expensive at Rs. 10K.

We have DishTV HD at Mumbai and though I find that not impressive, I thought that would be due to the 40" LED there.

BTW, the ICC cable HD was far better, but he had a 32 inch TV. :)

Edit: D2H: 480/ month for 22 channels is more expensive that ICC 422/ month for 18 HD channels

Last edited:
Here is a nice link which is slightly outdated, but perhaps things are even better now.

DISH TV Channel List

It gives you a list of all true HD and upscaled HD channels.

Some (e.g. baby TV) are already true HD now.

I am trying to get a list of the true HD channels that Dish TV has. Can you help me with that?

While D2H is the cheapest, when I factor in the recording option, then it becomes expensive at Rs. 10K.

We have DishTV HD at Mumbai and though I find that not impressive, I thought that would be due to the 40" LED there.

BTW, the ICC cable HD was far better, but he had a 32 inch TV. :)

Edit: D2H: 480/ month for 22 channels is more expensive that ICC 422/ month for 18 HD channels
I have no idea about cost of recording option. On a 32" TV all channels, including SD channels, will look better. If I were you, I will not bother about the cost difference of Rs. 58/- between ICC and D2H. Which provider to go for is your own decision. But I find it surprising that you purchased a 1.11 lakh TV without batting an eyeline and cringing about Rs. 500/pm on HD subscription.

If I were you, I will not bother about the cost difference of Rs. 58/- between ICC and D2H. Which provider to go for is your own decision. But I find it surprising that you purchased a 1.11 lakh TV without batting an eyeline and cringing about Rs. 500/pm on HD subscription.

To me, since I have several choices, I need to see which option is the most balanced (cost v/s quality).

My first preference is still Dish TV (upgrade to HD), since now I have better information on that.

There are 26 true HD channels and around 16 upscaled HD channels.
Indiamatic Exclusive - Dish TV Asli TrueHD Channel List | Indiamatic : DTH , Telecom and Technology Discussion Forum

Coupled with that, they have a new offer:
HD Lifetime Offers

In comparison ICC has much lesser count, but quality is still good.

Now, when I do the math, there is significant saving.

Videocon D2H -> STB freezes quite often in the HD version. I have to check if they fixed that.

Been with ICC for many years. Had tried their HD service for a while when it was new but now I am back to only SD with them. Was not worth paying extra just for a few HD channels which I hardly watch. Also I feel their SD signal strength is not that great compared to tata sky. Other than that they are great for service. We have an ICC help desk in our society so service is top notch.

Dish TV is the next DTH service we have in our house. We have been with them since they started DTH. Also tried their HD service when it was launched. Tried it for a few months and now I am back to SD. Earlier when the service was new they mostly had up scaled HD which they marketed as HD. That really pissed me off. I now understand they have got their act together and are also offering "true" HD. Not really happy with their set top box. Had issues with their HD box and now even their SD box is not that great.

hope this helps...........

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back