ICE for Toyota Corolla 2004

ranjitv

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade the stock audio system on my toyota corolla 2004 model. It comes with the tape deck version. I dont have much knowledge of the ICE landscape, and my budget is pretty limited, so I'm planning to do this in a phased manner, starting with the HU. any suggestions?

Budget - HU Rs 10000. I am a serious audiophile, and listen mainly to classic rock, alternative and a little metal, with some old hindi music thrown into the mix. My basic requirements from the HU are good sound quality, USB input and bluetooth functionality since most of my music resides in my phone, and I would like the functionality to answer calls using the car audio.
I was suggested JVC KD-R746BT and the JVC KD-R746BT. any comments?
What are the pros and cons of a 1DIN vs a 2 DIN system?
do I require an Amp?
And finally, any suggestions on how to go about future upgrades, what sequence, and suggestions for speakers?

I'm based in bangalore, and would also welcome suggestions on car audio stores for the purchase/installation.

Last edited:
Hi,

If you are serious buy Pioneer DEH-80PRS, I have it on my Mitsu Cedia and it plays so good.

I suggest you to set it up in active crossover settings. Awesome.

Speakers - I would suggest Rockford, JL Audio, Morel or Focal since these now available in Bangalore.

Sub - JL Audio.

Amp - I have my 5 channel JL Audio HD900/5. I have heard good reviews on Alpine 5 Channel too. You can see my reviews & Photos here: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Ownership Review

- Rajiv

Are you open for used gear?
If yes take a look at Gearheads classifieds
There is a JVC KD90BT for sale at 9k
Great price for an amazing HU.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back