Ideal AV Receiver within 35K budget

gchirag

Hi guys,

I need your help & suggestion in choosing the ideal AV Receiver for my HT set up which I am building.

My budget is 35000INR. Mostly dealers here keep Denon but Onkyo & Yamaha are available too. I have heard Marantz is one of the best AVR s in the market but what I would like to understand is that, is marantz good in the entry level too?

The options presently are:
1> Yamaha 373/473
2> Onkyo 414/309
3> Marantz 1402
4> Denon 1713/1913

My priority is watching TV/Movies 80% & music 20% (room 200sq feet). I have priorotised my requirements, which are- 3D support, USB port, HDMI 4k pass through(prefereably).

I intend on buying either the KEF Q500FS or the Sonodyne Avant 345 FS for starters...please advise the proper receiver to support the speakers & other parameters as listed above....

Thanks in advance

FOr 80% movies,Yamaha 473/Onkyo can be a good option. Onkyo had some problems in last few models though.

I guess you should go for higher range models in Yamaha. 373 is overpriced in India. Profx here in Hyd, still quotes 29k!

Try the Yamaha 473, offers a lot more over the 373 including flac playback thro USB. AirPlay, DNA are built in as well- of course if u plan to use any these...

The problem is that most showrooms keep Denon, so its next to impossible to audition multiple speaker brands with various AVR brands....there is still no one stop shop where one can get all major brands

hmmmmm thats a very unfortunate and true case....you have to demo in friends places..if possible...
have you tried impressia,harmonie and digital acoustics all....they do have a mix and match...

Every AVR is going to sound different with its own distinct sound signature. Audio is subjective and depends on personal taste. Suggest to demo all the names you have in mind and then go for the sound that suits your taste. Do not blindly go for any AVR............hear them first.

Guys,

What I don't understand is that how far, in % terms would the SQ be different if I opt for say a Yamaha or a Denon...or if I go for a higher range AVR around 50k...will it actually make that much of a difference that will be perceptible to all ears?

thanks

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back