Ideal Budget Amp for Floorstanding-speakers

akhilkhanuja

Hi, I have a pair of Sonodyne Sonus 2504 speakers powered by a Denon avr 1312. I recently bought a pair of Yamaha ns 8390 floor standing speakers. Looking for a capable amp/avr for it within 20-25k maximum. Will Norge 1000 do justice to it? The yamaha site says power range of 70-270 rms for the speakers. I like my music loud and heavy on bass. Rock and Edm are my favorite genres. Once again, Bass is a key priority. I don't intend to use any subwoofer.

I'm tech savvy but i don't yet understand any audiophile terms like a speaker or amp having bright / laid back /forward sound.

So far I've zeroed in on new Norge 1000 at 13500 inr , pre-owned sonodyne SIA 320 (looking for sellers) and Pioneer Vsx 329 available online at 21500 inr. Max budget is 24000 inr...

Last edited:
the norge and sonodyne will better that pioneer

another budget option is pulz

Take the used route if you are fine with it.. Try OLX, there are plenty of stereo amplifiers for half of your budget.... Check them physically & pick it if you like them... You might end up saving 50% of your budget...

Few other Indian brands..

::: Welcome to JNM-AUDIO :::

AMPLIFIERS | PRODUCT Category | DNM Enterprise

Torvin - Products | Accessories

I have a faint memory of hearing this particular model of DNM few years back in a electronics shop..

435.jpg

Saw an identical JNM amp on Amzn..

JNM Hi-Fi Stereo Tuner Audio Amplifier A-777: Amazon.in: Electronics

Less powerful JNM amp..(I have only read about JNM ads in avmax magazine)

JNM Hi-Fi Stereo Tuner Audio Amplifier A-8080 With Usb: Amazon.in: Electronics

Last edited:
Sonus 2504 FS should be paired with amplifier with good enough juice to drive.
If thinking of Norge, One of the option is Norge Ref 2000, which is good for BASS. High are felt rolled off because of MOSFET. It should pair good with Sonus 2504 !!!

Having a look at used branded amp could be useful though.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back