If Not For You - A Bob Dylan Film (2019)

Naturelover

Staff member

A film by Jaimin Rajani and Vineet Arora.

Synopsis: A tribute film on Bob Dylan, depicting Calcutta's affinity with Dylan through cityscape and interviews of notable Indian musicians who were inspired by him. The film also draws parallels between Dylan's body of work and the Baul tradition of Bengal.

Featuring Anjan Dutt, Usha Uthup, Purna Das Baul, Susmit Bose, Miti Adhikari, Nondon Bagchi, Arko Mukhaerjee and Rahul Guha Roy.

Narrated by Dhritiman Chaterji.

A film by Jaimin Rajani and Vineet Arora.

Synopsis: A tribute film on Bob Dylan, depicting Calcutta's affinity with Dylan through cityscape and interviews of notable Indian musicians who were inspired by him. The film also draws parallels between Dylan's body of work and the Baul tradition of Bengal.

Featuring Anjan Dutt, Usha Uthup, Purna Das Baul, Susmit Bose, Miti Adhikari, Nondon Bagchi, Arko Mukhaerjee and Rahul Guha Roy.

Narrated by Dhritiman Chaterji.

Thanks for posting this @Naturelover. I've always been a Dylan fan. Still am. There was a strong Dylan following in Mumbai too. Remember Ronnie Mistry and Ronnie Desai who themselves became popular singing Dylan songs. Ronnie Mistry later settled in Canada and won international acclaim for his book 'A Fine Balance'.
Cheers!

There is one album which I listen to ( sometimes multievery single for the last so many years

For me, Dylan’s Blood On The Tracks is the best Rock album ever. I listen to it every day. Sometimes more than twice. There is something hypnotic about every song in this deeply moving album. Other Dylan albums may have some standout songs ( Visions of Joanna in Blonde on Blonde or Desolation Row in Highway 61Revisited etc) but every song in Blood On The Tracks is pure genius , period. Dylan is still going strong. His Modern Times was another rare five star gem with songs like Spirit On The Water, Working Man’s Blues , Nettie Moore etc. His Nobel was thoroughly deserved .

Hi
Agree Blood on the Tracks album was one of Dylans best work ..My other favorite album is Planet Waves with The Band backing him.
Nice to know another Dylan fan on the Forum
Thanks
Manoj

@Naturelover the video is private, would you mind sharing the password (if you have one) or another source to watch it.
Finally got to watch the bard live at a small university campus in Kentucky - playing to no more than 5000 people. It was surreal!

@Naturelover the video is private, would you mind sharing the password (if you have one) or another source to watch it.
Finally got to watch the bard live at a small university campus in Kentucky - playing to no more than 5000 people. It was surreal!

Hi Kunal,
I've made it public. Feel free to check it out now. Cheers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back