IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Recently My Iffalcon 55K2A started flickering after 30 months of usage. Luckily I had 3 years extended warranty.
Jeeves Person visited & they declared that it is beyond repair.
They asked If I wanted refund. (Had Purchased @ 45K + 3K of extended warranty).
I said yes; they took the TV & got back 32K refund.
It is a good refund after 30 months usage for an electronic item. Now you can go for Toshiba u7980 by investing another 15k which is not at all bad. All the best.

Recently My Iffalcon 55K2A started flickering after 30 months of usage. Luckily I had 3 years extended warranty.
Jeeves Person visited & they declared that it is beyond repair.
They asked If I wanted refund. (Had Purchased @ 45K + 3K of extended warranty).
I said yes; they took the TV & got back 32K refund.
Purchased from?
Asked for Refund - what other option do they have?
In 3rd year u will get 70%!! I wish they had 5 years warranty for more price. But u should have to repeatedly contact them for a month. But i have a doubt here, the 45k price is before bank and coupon discounts right??

Attachment shared by my friend, he got a new vu tv now. He told me 70% is calculated on value before bank discount and coupons discounts. So he used tv for 2 plus years and received almost 90% what he paid
Who all provide 5 year warranty as an option?

Purchased from?
He purchased from Flipkart
Asked for Refund - what other option do they have?
Just for formality they ask. Since replacement of panel won't be possible, so refund
Who all provide 5 year warranty as an option?
In US, UK, china retailers provide additional 4 years warranty (total 5 years). In india, Flipkart and Amazon provides only total 3 years warranty, but retail stores like reliance digital provides total 5 years warranty plans

In US, UK, china retailers provide additional 4 years warranty (total 5 years). In india, Flipkart and Amazon provides only total 3 years warranty, but retail stores like reliance digital provides total 5 years warranty plans
Thanks you. I am familiar with the US - Square Trade warranty extensions.

I am more curious about the ones in India and who is it provided by? Companies/ Stores/ 3rd party insurance in partnership with them?

How is their service/ coverage when there is trouble? Is there a general feel or thread that compares & their costs, ROI and ease of leveraging their coverage?

I am more curious about the ones in India and who is it provided by? Companies/ Stores/ 3rd party insurance in partnership with them?
For standard warranty period, company takes care and for extended warranty mostly all major retailers have their own company(like Jeeves for Flipkart, resq for reliance etc..) There must be partnership.
How is their service/ coverage when there is trouble? Is there a general feel or thread that compares & their costs, ROI and ease of leveraging their coverage?
Mostly their services will test yours patience levels. Depends on service providers from time to time

Hi all. I own a iFfalcon 55K2A TV that I purchased a little over two years ago. For those who don't know, iFfalcon is a TCL brand that TCL usually uses to launch its products in developing countries. The 55K2A TV is based on the MT58 platform. My TV came installed with V387 out of the box. For over a year after purchasing the TV, I waited for OTA software update, however, it never came. Hence sometime towards the beginning of 2020, I updated my OS to V551. Everything with the update process was straightforward and smooth, and the TV worked fine for a year or so. Then sometime at the start of 2021, I got an OTA update notification. I allowed the update to get installed, and my OS was updated to V570. For a couple of months everything worked fine, and then sometime in mid March 2021, out of the blue, the TV got stuck at the Android loading animation (the four animated circles). I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get the TV to work again. I first tried to install different Oreo updates of MT58 platform, but none of them worked. I had given up all hope that the TV would function again unless I got the main board replaced, and as a last ditch effort before calling a technician, I tried installing the V373 Android N OS. And to my surprise, it worked and the TV came back to life. Immediately after the OS booted, it gave me a notification to install the OTA update, and I allowed it to install the update. The TV came back to V570. However, this time I had lost all my apps and data because V373 had wiped everything clean (I guess that is the reason why the TV started working again).

Now to my issue - ever since the above mentioned incident occurred, I have been unable to adjust the picture settings in my TV. No matter what change I make to the picture settings, the OS completely disregards those settings. It does not even save those settings. If I make some changes to the settings of a picture profile, and select a different profile and come back to the earlier profile, all the settings are reverted to the default values. The OS varies the brightness based on the content being displayed on the screen. It dims the picture a lot for HDMI content, and turns the backlight all the way up in the Android home screen and app screens. Another issue I am facing is that the built in speakers do not output sound sent to the TV over HDMI. Sound works fine for apps, but no sound is output for HDMI inputs. These issues are present in my TV across a lot of versions of Android Oreo. I tried versions V551, V570, V574, and R868, and all of these OS have these two major issues on my TV. I have tried all kinds of resets in each of these OS versions - factory reset, NVM reset, and shop reset. Earlier when I had these Oreo versions installed, none of these issues were present. I had never reset my TV back then. These OS versions were installed as updates over the original V387, and everything worked fine on all of these OS versions. What I would like to know from owners of MT58 TVs is that, have any of you faced these issues on your TVs with Android O versions installed? And are you aware of any fixes to these issues?

P.S. - I don't mind downgrading to Android N OS on my TV if it means that these issues will disappear. However, now the problem I am facing is that, if I try to install the V373 update over any of the Android O versions of the OS, the TV starts boot looping. Normal functioning is resumed only if I install an Android O OS update. I know how ironical it is - the OS version that resuscitated my TV no longer works on my TV. Any hints that you folks can provide for downgrading the OS to Android N would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all of you in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi all. I own a iFfalcon 55K2A TV that I purchased a little over two years ago. For those who don't know, iFfalcon is a TCL brand that TCL usually uses to launch its products in developing countries. The 55K2A TV is based on the MT58 platform. My TV came installed with V387 out of the box. For over a year after purchasing the TV, I waited for OTA software update, however, it never came. Hence sometime towards the beginning of 2020, I updated my OS to V551. Everything with the update process was straightforward and smooth, and the TV worked fine for a year or so. Then sometime at the start of 2021, I got an OTA update notification. I allowed the update to get installed, and my OS was updated to V570. For a couple of months everything worked fine, and then sometime in mid March 2021, out of the blue, the TV got stuck at the Android loading animation (the four animated circles). I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get the TV to work again. I first tried to install different Oreo updates of MT58 platform, but none of them worked. I had given up all hope that the TV would function again unless I got the main board replaced, and as a last ditch effort before calling a technician, I tried installing the V373 Android N OS. And to my surprise, it worked and the TV came back to life. Immediately after the OS booted, it gave me a notification to install the OTA update, and I allowed it to install the update. The TV came back to V570. However, this time I had lost all my apps and data because V373 had wiped everything clean (I guess that is the reason why the TV started working again).

Now to my issue - ever since the above mentioned incident occurred, I have been unable to adjust the picture settings in my TV. No matter what change I make to the picture settings, the OS completely disregards those settings. It does not even save those settings. If I make some changes to the settings of a picture profile, and select a different profile and come back to the earlier profile, all the settings are reverted to the default values. The OS varies the brightness based on the content being displayed on the screen. It dims the picture a lot for HDMI content, and turns the backlight all the way up in the Android home screen and app screens. Another issue I am facing is that the built in speakers do not output sound sent to the TV over HDMI. Sound works fine for apps, but no sound is output for HDMI inputs. These issues are present in my TV across a lot of versions of Android Oreo. I tried versions V551, V570, V574, and R868, and all of these OS have these two major issues on my TV. I have tried all kinds of resets in each of these OS versions - factory reset, NVM reset, and shop reset. Earlier when I had these Oreo versions installed, none of these issues were present. I had never reset my TV back then. These OS versions were installed as updates over the original V387, and everything worked fine on all of these OS versions. What I would like to know from owners of MT58 TVs is that, have any of you faced these issues on your TVs with Android O versions installed? And are you aware of any fixes to these issues?

P.S. - I don't mind downgrading to Android N OS on my TV if it means that these issues will disappear. However, now the problem I am facing is that, if I try to install the V373 update over any of the Android O versions of the OS, the TV starts boot looping. Normal functioning is resumed only if I install an Android O OS update. I know how ironical it is - the OS version that resuscitated my TV no longer works on my TV. Any hints that you folks can provide for downgrading the OS to Android N would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all of you in advance for any help you can provide.
Why not replace the motherboard from salvage tv with something that has a broken or dead panel. Your service center may have one. It is fairly easy to replace, just open up the back cover, wear rubber gloves for safety and gently pry the ribbon cables. This would be the easiest and quickest way. PCB motherboard for reference.

Been the owner of the 55K2A, and I have to say the ASS is particularly a sore point with iffalkon/TCL, the backlight went out about two weeks after it was out of the company provided 2 year warranty, I had the option of going for a three year warranty when I purchased it and was cursing myself for not taking the option. I alerted TCL, and they said they would send the technician, the technician came and announced the motherboard was fried(this was in lockdown) so had to wait for a good month and a half for the technician to come. The TV was being used by my parents and thus felt some extra pressure to get this done ASAP, I mean lockdown and no TV, in colloquial language 'sone pe suhaga'.

Upon some rhetorical ponderance. I realized that the technician had not even bothered to check the TV, thoroughly, and also to add to the financial implications(which was touted at 14k by the technician to fix it). Armed with a phone and google search I went about doing some research.
Apparently 55 inch TCL TV's have quite a bit of problem with backlight's. And by turning on the TV in a Dim environment, and shining a torch at the Panel I was able to verify that this was indeed the problem and not a motherboard issue. This was clearly a manufacturing quality issue. So hence I sent quite a few emails to TCL, again a technician and a new quote of 10k(3months warranty). I pointed the finger at TCL and showed them the dearth of videos on youtube which obviously pointed towards a quality issue, and then TCL stopped responding. I got the backlight fixed by a local technician, cost:5.8k. Then again after 3 months, something went wrong again, and then again the issue was fixed. I have other TV's which have not had this kind of an issue and I probably understand the worth of buying an extended warranty, but I am quite surprised by the lack of support from TCL. Have other TV's as well and didn't have issues with them, this experience has obviously made a lasting impression.

My 55K2A panel developed some wavy lines and blurry pictures (COF issue)after 6 months of usage. It took me 4.5 months to get a replacement panel due to lockdown. customer service was pretty much non-existent. I am somewhat glad the failure happened within the warranty period otherwise I just have to dump it in the trashcan or hang it on the wall like a photo frame.

My 55K2A panel developed some wavy lines and blurry pictures (COF issue)after 6 months of usage. It took me 4.5 months to get a replacement panel due to lockdown. customer service was pretty much non-existent. I am somewhat glad the failure happened within the warranty period otherwise I just have to dump it in the trashcan or hang it on the wall like a photo frame.

Excellent idea, if the TV troubles me some more I might actually do this.

This TV is getting on my nerves.Not powering on,the power white led is on,is there a physical switch on the TV, the remote inspite of new batteries doesn't power on.any inputs
I am facing same issue the standby light is on but TV doesn't turn ON, what was the issue. TIA

Hi All, I am stuck with an issue with the K2A 55 inch. While playing a movie, the TV got stuck and I disconnected the main power line. Since then, upon reconnection, only the white LED glows in the bottom of the TV and it does not turn on... Could someone please help with getting the TV back in order?
What was the issue and how it got resolved, my 55k2a is not working since 3days, has standby light but doesn't turn on

Hi, My Iffalcon 55k2aTV is not turning ON despite having standby light, pls help

Yes, there are 4 physical buttons on the tv hidden right beneath the standby light. Unplug the tv from wall outlet for a day and try if it fails to turn on.

Dear,
Today When I switch on my 55k2a TV the Display screen still gets booting the circles rotating (left for 15 mts). Finaly I switched off the power. How to manually boot the system using the three buttons given in the front panel bottom side.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 18
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back