IMAGE RETENTION IN LG OLED C8

ArunPrasad

Guys, I got image retention in my lg oled c8. Its very evident in pink, red background. Plz advice me how to remove it? Is there any solution available?

Attachments

• 20200909_195743.jpg
    20200909_195743.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 149

Love4sound

Guys, I got image retention in my lg oled c8. Its very evident in pink, red background. Plz advice me how to remove it? Is there any solution available?
Difficult to spot it. Can you check and confirm tv usage hours? If it crossed 3000 hours you can try manual pixel refresher

Love4sound

Its just above the airtel logo.. greenish color. I do the pixel refresher for every 3 months
You should not run the manual refresher every 3 months . It’s meant to be used once in 3000 hours. Every four hours the panel does a short refresh to prevent image retention. My c9 is 8 months old and has run 790 hours but not once I have used the manual refresher. As per my research doing it often also is harmful. Your tv usage hours ?

fLUX

Exact same thing has happened in my case as well, i tried numerous videos on Youtube and the pixel refresher. Still not gone, but since its not prominent in other cases living with it at the moment. I am not even able to understand what image it is, will post a screenshot shortly

etios

That is not just Image retention, that is Burn-In. It is natural for OLED to decline and there is no cure for this issue.

ArunPrasad

You should not run the manual refresher every 3 months . It’s meant to be used once in 3000 hours. Every four hours the panel does a short refresh to prevent image retention. My c9 is 8 months old and has run 790 hours but not once I have used the manual refresher. As per my research doing it often also is harmful. Your tv usage hours ?
Which I purchased I was told that only to do manual refresh for every 3 months. Approx more than 5000 hrs

ArunPrasad

Exact same thing has happened in my case as well, i tried numerous videos on Youtube and the pixel refresher. Still not gone, but since its not prominent in other cases living with it at the moment. I am not even able to understand what image it is, will post a screenshot shortly
In my case it is sun tv logo.. i can see the "t" letter

ArunPrasad

That is not just Image retention, that is Burn-In. It is natural for OLED to decline and there is no cure for this issue.
R u sure? Then what is the purpose of this pixel shifter etc.. these ppl are cheating us by giving half cooked technologies

Krashnburn117

I'm not sure if anything can be done if it's burn in. But to ensure it doesn't aggravate review how you use it maybe.
1) don't unplug from wall as it will not let short refresh cycle from running
2) cycle between content especially if you watch a lot of DTH, news, sports etc
3) I also think running pixel refresher manually hurts more than it helps. Let it run its natural cycle probably.

Veteran oled owners can help better though.

Love4sound

Which I purchased I was told that only to do manual refresh for every 3 months. Approx more than 5000 hrs
The sales representatives will have 0 product knowledge. Totally misguided information. As per my research you have to run it only once in 3000 hours. As I have mentioned earlier the tv will do a short pixel refresh every 4 hours which is enough. 5000 hours is very less to have burn in. Raise issue with LG and fight for panel replacement and don’t tell them that u ran manual refresher every 3 months

sunshine_vsk

The full refresh automatically gets triggered every 2000 hours... I got a popup for full screen refresh exactly when mine crossed 2000 hours.. Anyways your TV screen is covered for 2nd year warranty so log a complaint with LG if the retention doesn't go off...

ArunPrasad

The sales representatives will have 0 product knowledge. Totally misguided information. As per my research you have to run it only once in 3000 hours. As I have mentioned earlier the tv will do a short pixel refresh every 4 hours which is enough. 5000 hours is very less to have burn in. Raise issue with LG and fight for panel replacement and don’t tell them that u ran manual refresher every 3 months
Any mail id if u have? It would be very helpful

ArunPrasad

The full refresh automatically gets triggered every 2000 hours... I got a popup for full screen refresh exactly when mine crossed 2000 hours.. Anyways your TV screen is covered for 2nd year warranty so log a complaint with LG if the retention doesn't go off...
I think its one year

Love4sound

Any mail id if u have? It would be very helpful
You first need to raise a service request with LG. +91 97117 09999 use this number in wats app and raise a request. Also if no proper response bug them on twitter and also raise an escalation using the below link with your request ID.Lg is replacing panel one time for few cases abroad even when the warranty had expired. Since urs is just 1 year old the panel is still in warranty.

ArunPrasad

You first need to raise a service request with LG. +91 97117 09999 use this number in wats app and raise a request. Also if no proper response bug them on twitter and also raise an escalation using the below link with your request ID.Lg is replacing panel one time for few cases abroad even when the warranty had expired. Since urs is just 1 year old the panel is still in warranty.

Not 1 year.. 2.5 years old n 7000 hrs usage

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!