Imported LED TVs without Bill in India

AmitV

Hi guys.

I have come across many ads in OLX claiming to give huge discounts on samsung and sony TVs. I called some of them and while few had proper shops others were relectant to meet. They were offering 25 -35 % discount on LEDs but without company bill but some jumbo warranty. They claimed to have imported LEDs from Malaysia , Dubai , Thailand etc.

While discount on Samsung LEDs were mouthwatering at the same time involved a big risk. I checked up with the websites of SONY and Samsung for Thailand, UAE and Malaysia. None of the websites had models matching to Indian ones. So my question is if models sold in India are not available in these countries how come the advertisers claim to have imported them ???

Some of the Models mentioned by them were F5500, F6400, Sony W800 etc. Is there a possiblity that they are selling factory seconds, returned, cartan damaged or refurbished products?

Sorry for my bad English:sad:

Last edited:
They're importing the TVs and selling here at discounted price. Don't fall for that. Always buy with proper invoice and warranty. It's not a pen drive or something cheap, it's an expensive equipment so think 10 times before you go ahead with the deal.

Even if someone is giving you a discount of 50% on a one lakh rupees tv, I would suggest you to buy it here in India with proper bill and warranty and if possible with an extended warranty. At least you will be tension free.

I am not referring to those who have friends/ relatives abroad getting tvs imported but only to olx kind of advertisements.

Yes, I agree. We don't valuate the amount of tension in figures. In fact, it is priceless.;) Buy any 3 year warranty which pleases your eyes.

Dear friends

Is there anything like imported LED in India, I met a guy who works in a company which sells seconds or damaged TVs to retailers, these retailers provide there own warranty or no warranty and sell them as new one. Just be aware of it.

Dear friends

Is there anything like imported LED in India, I met a guy who works in a company which sells seconds or damaged TVs to retailers, these retailers provide there own warranty or no warranty and sell them as new one. Just be aware of it.

Amit,

I recently purchased a LED Sharp Aquos 39 inch LC-39LE440M. Sharp panel is made in Japan but assembled in Indonesia. It comes with a 3 year warranty. :)

Out of curiosity, I had a word with one of the them. He said that these are TVs imported from Thailand. He further said that he can provide the TVs with bill & warranty also with 10% less on MRP. He emphasized that products are 100% genuine, he will deliver and install it at your home and will take the money only after you are satisfied.

Price for Samsung full HD LED 3D 40" some 6400 model quoted was 49K (market price c.69K)

After the call, a thought came to my mind that the guy might be a shopkeeper from Gaffar Market where one can easiliy find imported TVs without bill & warranty and had found a place for free advertisement...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back