Importing Monitor audio bronze 6 or 5 or Q acoustic 3050

goenkakushal

Hello friends,

I am thinking of Importing one of the above speaker
(Import as in carried as baggage under free custom allowance per passport)

Prices are as follows
MA Bronze 6 --USD 550
MA Bronze 5 -- USD 400
QA 3050------- USD 600

Which of these is a better bet at the above prices?

I have heard and read lot of good things about MA Bronze 5 , it has also won many awards.

Coming to MA bronze 6 , as the model suggests its should be a notch above the bronze 5, but the bigger brother 6 has not won as many awards as the bronze 5. Does this mean the bigger brother 6 is not better or it may mean that the bigger is better but price is not justified.

I have only auditioned the bronze 5 and liked it. Do u think I could blindly go for the bronze 6 without auditioning it? assuming it will be better than the bronze 5, as its form the same family and same manufacturer and a superior model. looking at a premium of just USD 150 (INR 10,000) i feel it should be worth considering the bigger brother.

Comming to QA 3050 the price difference in India and importing it is not as much compared to Monitor audio. If Monitor audio is available at 40 % less than India price , QA is available only at 30% less. So Monitor audio seems to be more bang for the buck when comparing with India price.

Hi

If you are convinced with the MA5 then go for it.....the MA6 would be different in terms of specs and sight design....

QA3050 is different and you will need to hear them to infer the difference between MA5.

Simple logic is that there are too many speakers out there and different models and brands.....all are competing to survive and do well.....you need to decide which suits your requirement for performance and satisfaction.

thanx for the reply I was eagerly looking forward for it.

Looks like I forgot to mention I have auditioned QA 3050 and MA bronze 5 both but not the Bronze 6 as its not available.

I actually like both MA & QA

QA 3050- I found it to have a more open Mid range and good all rounder on brighter side

MA Bronze 5- I found it to be more detailed specially the treble,it also has good mid range slightly less than that of QA.

I heard MA on 2.1 and I felt as of the voice was comming from the center channel. I dono if it was the setup or the speakers which did this magic. I actually got up to check if center channel was working as I coludn believe the demo person.

You are right kushal, the MAs at imperial audio have superb stereo imaging, if you sit in the centre of the sofa it feels as if the voice is coming from the centre speaker, even i checked whether the centre speaker (which is their gold series) connected and even got up to check whether the avr was set to direct stereo mode.
But i was convinced that it indeed is as excellent set up.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Nindo

Thanx, When do u plan to review the 3050 QA?

I have now learnt that the MA speakers I auditioned were the BX 5 and not the new Bronze 5.

So now the question arises shall I buy the Bronze 5 without auditioning it?
Considering the reviews for bronze 5 are better than the BX5 and the speaker tone should be similar to its predecessor

As a own of concept 20,I can ask you to listen concept series, they are very good speakers.. concept 40 is brother of 20 and very good speakers but too price here.. when I was went to demo i have seen side by side of 3050 and concept 40.. concept 40 is very far in sound quality and detailing..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back