Importing panels from Giks Accoustics/sealing fibre/ rockwool in DIY panels

X man

Has anyone imported acoustic panels from Giks - How does payment of duty works in such cases>

Also for DIY panels, is there any way to ensure glasswool/ ecose fibres do not start leaking out - a concern I have read online about using these as acoustic panels.

No idea if they are still doing GIK

i tried that - exchanged many emails - they were kind enough to respond quickly.

found it too expensive - the shipping and customs etc...

GiK assures very good packing though

I am making for myself ...given the costs...

should have the pics out in about 10-12 days

regards

Also for DIY panels, is there any way to ensure glasswool/ ecose fibres do not start leaking out - a concern I have read online about using these as acoustic panels

DIY route should be inexpensive.. May be you can cover them with Spandex material, acoustically transparent cloth..

Interested also in this.

Amazon has Roxul India and their 370/380 , looks interesting.

Costs around 3k for 12 pieces

Auralexchange also lists it ;

No idea if they are still doing GIK
Audio Note in Mumbai will be the distributor of Giks I am told.. they will take some time though...

Interested also in this.

Amazon has Roxul India and their 370/380 , looks interesting.

Costs around 3k for 12 pieces

Auralexchange also lists it ;
You should check out Aural Exchange - they have Knauf Ecose (formaldehyde free) rock wool which is supposed to be better than Roxul

i tried that - exchanged many emails - they were kind enough to respond quickly.

found it too expensive - the shipping and customs etc...

GiK assures very good packing though

I am making for myself ...given the costs...

should have the pics out in about 10-12 days

regards
I also interacted with GIKs and the shipping costs 300 GBP for a box! I am going for DIY too but still need to figure out the logistics..Since you are also in Mumbai, is your carpenter doing it for you?

I also interacted with GIKs and the shipping costs 300 GBP for a box! I am going for DIY too but still need to figure out the logistics..Since you are also in Mumbai, is your carpenter doing it for you?

Yes

Am using this

Am using this

Ok. Are you doing anything specific to keep wool from leaking out through the cloth. Am also interacting with Aural exchange.. Please PM me your number as I wanted to ask about your DIY details.

Has anyone made large picture frames eg; 3 ft x 4 ft etc, and then pad it with absorption foam and then print some cotemporary painting on a acoustically transparent cloth and then hang these up as paintings in their listening room ?

I am not sure about if any one had done that in India but if you are looking for information & have plans to do that.. you don't need to look any further than this thread on avs:

Back