Improving source content (buy/dload, online/offline)?

kamalgaur

Like most other people my generation, my source of movies/music has for a long time included only digital media on my laptop/drives.

I've started upgrading my music collection from MP3s to FLACs, but for movies, the source of ripped movies stays the same for now.

I know many people here use Blu-Ray players, which means they also use Blu-Ray discs. It's been far too long for me since I've walked into a movie rental place, and maybe I have a blind spot for such shops, hence wondering if they even exist anymore, or does everyone buy Blu-Ray discs nowadays.

Also, it'd be great if people can share tips on which online sources (or keywords) one should use while searching for 5.1 movies on the Internet. Feel free to PM.

^ Yes, people buy lot of Blu-rays (including me, I own 700+). Many stores are still running in good cities, if not... people order online from where they get decent discount (10-15% minimum) which they don't get from local stores easily. Due to censorship in India....they get their favorite movies from abroad/order online as well.

You don't have to search by any particular keyword(s) as mostly Blu-ray contains 5.1 audio except some too old movies which has 1.0 or 2.0 audio.

Blu-ray, Blu-ray Movies, Blu-ray Players, Blu-ray Reviews has reviews on movies, but more specifically the VQ and SQ of the movies. They also have lots of deals going on daily, or rather link to deals on Amazon.

Join their mailing list and you'll pick lots of good deals... some as low as $5-$8 a movie. Amazon Prime + Amazon deals is also a good option.

I do have a ton of DVDs and Blu-rays... but I've slowed down the past year or so with streaming taking preference. For a fraction of the cost you can spend on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. and get a ton more movies than buying individual discs, but audio is a limitation at DD. Still a good deal as you can check out the movies and only buy what you really like and have repeat value.

You don't have to search by any particular keyword(s) as mostly Blu-ray contains 5.1 audio except some too old movies which has 1.0 or 2.0 audio.

Thanks, but I was asking about relevant keywords while searching for downloads/streaming options online that included 5.1 audio, not for finding Blu-Rays. ;)

Thanks, but I was asking about relevant keywords while searching for downloads/streaming options online that included 5.1 audio, not for finding Blu-Rays. ;)

there are no key words for finding 5.1 audio, usually BR rips are 5.1, but to confirm you have to check the description and its, most of the time listed there what the audio for the movie is....

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back