Indian build audiophile speakers

krishtrinity

I am huge fan of hifi audio and always on the lookout for a good bookshelf speakers,so far every speaker i owned are from outside India and i know there are some amazing speakers made here in India,i want to upgrade my current spaekers to a made in India speaker.So far i have set my eyes on Lithos accoustics,anyone here had any experience with them?

There have been a few Lithos posts on the forum. A search for Lithos gives some leads

Maybe we should stop calling speakers ( and other audio equipment) 'audiophile' equipment. Today it most often only means VERY expensive !
Audiophile at one time meant that the equipment was designed for very good sound reproduction with minimal compromises. That time has come and gone and today all kinds of rubbish passes as audiophile just based on appearance and cost.

Any speaker aspiring to be one of the best will still be using proven good drivers made abroad. As yet we do not have anyone designing such drivers in this country. We will get there sometime but we are not yet there.
So don't get hung up on where the speaker is assembled since strictly speaking most of it's key parts are still made abroad. Just listen to and pick what you like. A "Made in India" label isn't going to make it especially better ! We are on a tiny little planet and cannot go more than about 20,000 Km from where we stay. So made 20,000 Km away or 2,000 Km away shouldn't make much of a difference. It only matters if you like the product or not ! :)

And don't get caught up with " the pride issue" ! " Pride goes before a fall "......an old proverb which you will ( eventually) find out, is true ! :)
Just enjoy life without any constraints , it isn't very hard !

Last edited:
Rethm based in Kochi makes highly rated speakers, you should audition their products. I have heard a couple of their systems and liked the sound. Do a search o the web for more info.

why dont you have a custom build done from diyaudiocart ( our FM Bibin ) ?

both of you are in kerala.

so why run around at all ?

PS : Looking at your signature - the components seem to be quite matched. have you tried speaker positioning etc ?

regards

Maybe we should stop calling speakers ( and other audio equipment) 'audiophile' equipment. Today it most often only means VERY expensive !
Audiophile at one time meant that the equipment was designed for very good sound reproduction with minimal compromises. That time has come and gone and today all kinds of rubbish passes as audiophile just based on appearance and cost.

Any speaker aspiring to be one of the best will still be using proven good drivers made abroad. As yet we do not have anyone designing such drivers in this country. We will get there sometime but we are not yet there.
So don't get hung up on where the speaker is assembled since strictly speaking most of it's key parts are still made abroad. Just listen to and pick what you like. A "Made in India" label isn't going to make it especially better ! We are on a tiny little planet and cannot go more than about 20,000 Km from where we stay. So made 20,000 Km away or 2,000 Km away shouldn't make much of a difference. It only matters if you like the product or not ! :)

And don't get caught up with " the pride issue" ! " Pride goes before a fall "......an old proverb which you will ( eventually) find out, is true ! :)
Just enjoy life without any constraints , it isn't very hard !

Very well said. +1 to that.

why dont you have a custom build done from diyaudiocart ( our FM Bibin ) ?

both of you are in kerala.

so why run around at all ?

PS : Looking at your signature - the components seem to be quite matched. have you tried speaker positioning etc ?

regards
My current setup is nice but I want the next level of HiFi audio.I am aware of DIY audio cart,but I am looking for a system that has been properly built by experts.Thank you for the advice of placement my current placement is pathetic,any advice?

From my knowledge they used Lowther drivers at initial stages now they using special customized driver from peerless India only for Rythem correct me if I am wrong

No the Rethm drivers are completely made in India. They are made by Peerless

From my knowledge they used Lowther drivers at initial stages now they using special customized driver from peerless India only for Rythem correct me if I am wrong

Possible. Yes that's news to me...thanks for updating the status . But then I don't follow developments too closely.
I think it's a great move. They will have full control over what is made unlike what they might have buying from Lowther.

I've never been a fan of dual cone full range drivers. They are great in some ways but I don't like their shortcomings. Maybe Rethm will design THE greatest dual cone driver ! It's possible. Wish them all the best. :)

Rethm is not a dual cone. Its a single driver with powered bass. I personally can't hear any major shortcomings with the Rethms. It doesn't sound like a conventional single driver at all

This I believe is their latest speaker , the Saadhana .
You see the second cone .....

I didn't comment about the Rethm system's shortcomings . I meant that I don't like the shortcomings of dual cone speakers in general ! Some are better and others are worse.
I've heard many other single driver systems including Rethm's older systems. They sound great in many ways but they aren't for me . Nothing wrong with that I guess... ;)

Last edited:
No that's not a dual cone. It's to remove the shout. Technically a dual cone is what Tannoy makes

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back