Infinity Kappa 9's - Pics for fun

Srinath_seshadri

These belong to a friend of mine. I have stood in front of these when they were powered with my Carver silver 7t mono blocks. They like and demand power, drift like crazy and when you find an amp that will not blink @ 1/2 ohm imepdance and still deliver over 1000 watts, you're in for a treat.

Enjoy the pics and maybe be thankful that you're not insane that you want to run these in your very tightly packed living room.

Cool.
Srinath.

Last edited:
Nice post ! i remember someone in Singapore who used to run these with Electrocompaniet Nemos

I have a few 100 amps that could run these without batting an eyelash.
Almost anything commercial, the entrie cadre of crown, yorkville, crest, carver, Krell, yamaha etc etc ... anything made to run commercial equipment in the last 30 years.
Now here is the second and more important question.
How many of those will make a seasoned audiophile gasp with how good it sounds and want to buy it on the spot for over a grand.

I know of 2-3, and I had 1, a carver silver 7t mono block.

The previous amp he used was a Nakamichi PA 7. Not even close he said. The Carver was so far better it got him to sell off 5-6 nakamichi PA 7's. Yes he had a stack of those floor to ceiling - 12 ft ceiling. Now he only has a 6 ft stack, and I bought a pa 7 for 400. The thing is the PA 7 is extremely good at driving some kinds of loads. If the Carver sounds grainy, try a PA7.

I'm getting a DOA carver TFM 42 from him and a dead Yorkville from another guy shortly, just as soon as the freezing rain stops.

Cool.
Srinath.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back