Info needed on Yamaha YHT-299 Home theater

jyo666

Hi Guys,

I bought YHT-299 a week back. But the bass is not satisfactory,even though the sub-woofer is active. So I wanted to ask you guys if i can add another sub-woofer to the system? But there is only one port in receiver for active sub-woofer,does it mean I have to add a passive sub-woofer?
Will the av receiver be able to run both the sub-woofer?

Here's a few things you might want to try out first. Do a sub-woofer crawl.
Crawling for Bass - Subwoofer Placement Tips | Audioholics.
Also ,how big is the room you have the system in? The sub has a 6 and a half inch woofer. May not be sufficient to fill a large room.
If you insist to get another sub, get a powered one and a Y splitter cable to send signals to both subs from LFE out.

Here's a few things you might want to try out first. Do a sub-woofer crawl.
Crawling for Bass - Subwoofer Placement Tips | Audioholics.
Also ,how big is the room you have the system in? The sub has a 6 and a half inch woofer. May not be sufficient to fill a large room.
If you insist to get another sub, get a powered one and a Y splitter cable to send signals to both subs from LFE out.

But then will the AVR supplied with the packge be able to power both the subs effectively?

Actives don't need power from the receiver's amplifier. they have built in amplification. in fact your sub woofer has built in amplifier.

What crossover settings do you have in your avr ?
Have you done YPAO calibration?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back