Infocus 50 EA800 LED Television

realactivex

Folks,

My 8 year old panasonic plasma that i and @Madbullram and a few others had purchased in 2009 now needs some rest.
Hence as an interim before the 4K debate concludes, i decided to buy a cheap 50" infocus Tv during this Amazon sale.
Expected to receive TV on 20-Aug. Will keep you posted on how things go...

lots of pain in ordering this via amazon.. seemingly a software glitch meant that i could not get the discount when ordering.. so, after 4 chats with cust service, had to create a new account and make an order- what that meant was i forgot to use PRIME for delivery.. so the eta for delivery is 19 Aug.. Called up amazon escalation number and told them i was unhappy about "earth's most customer centric company".. Their response meant" it really doesnt matter what you think of us-[ since we will not do anything to make your tv delivered quicker ;-)

lots of pain in ordering this via amazon.. seemingly a software glitch meant that i could not get the discount when ordering.. so, after 4 chats with cust service, had to create a new account and make an order- what that meant was i forgot to use PRIME for delivery.. so the eta for delivery is 19 Aug.. Called up amazon escalation number and told them i was unhappy about "earth's most customer centric company".. Their response meant" it really doesnt matter what you think of us-[ since we will not do anything to make your tv delivered quicker ;-)
You are not alone. Just today I ordered an USB Hub for my HTPC and an Optical cable for my receiver. I selected prime delivery. Immediately after booking I got an SMS stating that products would be delivered by 22nd August . But at around 8.15 pm today I got another SMS stating that products would be delivered on or before 26th August. This is appalling for the company that claims to be most customer centric e-commerce site.
0342d96d886fd319b1818442a3b4fb31.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Folks, quick q: when the tv package gets delivered, do we open it right away and inspect contents to see that a)nothing is broken and b) all items exist in box...
or
do we just keep the package sealed and wait for the installer to arrive and open the box.. what do you recommend.
i dont want to end up seeing a broken tv and amazon not taking responsibility of that :)

Folks, quick q: when the tv package gets delivered, do we open it right away and inspect contents to see that a)nothing is broken and b) all items exist in box...
or
do we just keep the package sealed and wait for the installer to arrive and open the box.. what do you recommend.
i dont want to end up seeing a broken tv and amazon not taking responsibility of that :)

When I got Vu delivered last week, I opened the package in front of the delivery guys and when verified for physical damage, I signed up delivery challan.

Never had issues with Amazon even with damaged products. Amazon is pretty strict with sellers and their reputation. At least I have not faced issues with them.

Good question. I think second option is better than the first one. Before the installer comes to install the TV, get your camcorder or digicam or your cell phone ready, shoot the entire part, so that if something is wrong, you have the proof. Why am I giving you this advice? Watch the video carefully. It's different product though. https://youtu.be/Do5_x5YaSwk

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

So finally got the tv delivered sometime ago. The delivery guy refused to wait until the package was opened and the contents were checked. So, choose to keep the package intact. Called up infocus service center and requested installation. Got a reference number and was asked to wait 48-72 hours before somebody would turn up to install.

So finally got the tv delivered sometime ago. The delivery guy refused to wait until the package was opened and the contents were checked. So, choose to keep the package intact. Called up infocus service center and requested installation. Got a reference number and was asked to wait 48-72 hours before somebody would turn up to install.

Its generally service center only who unpacks while installations. Delivery guys will just deliver whatever ordered.

I retured my Infocus TV (purchased from Amazon) because there was a HUMMING sound from the headphone port and there is no Audio Out port on it. So, unless you have a set-top box, there is no way that you could connect your speakers. (I chose not to have a set-top box)

Please check if you have the same humming sound from the headphone port and raise that issue with the installation guy.

I retured my Infocus TV (purchased from Amazon) because there was a HUMMING sound from the headphone port and there is no Audio Out port on it. So, unless you have a set-top box, there is no way that you could connect your speakers. (I chose not to have a set-top box)

Please check if you have the same humming sound from the headphone port and raise that issue with the installation guy.

Is it similar to this http://www.hifivision.com/television/60711-hiss-sound-vu-40-led.html ?

so after five follow up's the installer came over yesterday to set the TV. he charged 250 for uninstallation of the earlier tv that was on the wall.

My TV despite being 50" does not look that big. it is almost the same size as my earlier panny PV8 plasma. the panny had 2" borders around the screen. and the infocus has 1 cm borders.
picture quality is ok on HD channels. i liked the panny much better on SD.
sound is pathetic.
my tatasky stb is connected to my tv via hdmi out of denon x3000 recv - so that denon takes care of the sound.
the other hdmi port of infocus is connected to the google chromecast. the lone tv usb supplies power to the chromecast
response times and switch over between hdmi 1 and hdmi 2 are good.

btw, planning to disconnect the chromecast from the tv and to connect the chromecast to one of the inbound hdmi ports of the receiver which then gets consumed by the tv.
reason being that there is no ARC and hence sound that comes in via chromecast videos are not routed to my denon recv.

btw, planning to disconnect the chromecast from the tv and to connect the chromecast to one of the inbound hdmi ports of the receiver which then gets consumed by the tv.
reason being that there is no ARC and hence sound that comes in via chromecast videos are not routed to my denon recv.

Are you happy with the outcome after connecting chromecast to Denon?

so after five follow up's the installer came over yesterday to set the TV. he charged 250 for uninstallation of the earlier tv that was on the wall.

My TV despite being 50" does not look that big. it is almost the same size as my earlier panny PV8 plasma. the panny had 2" borders around the screen. and the infocus has 1 cm borders.
picture quality is ok on HD channels. i liked the panny much better on SD.
sound is pathetic.
my tatasky stb is connected to my tv via hdmi out of denon x3000 recv - so that denon takes care of the sound.
the other hdmi port of infocus is connected to the google chromecast. the lone tv usb supplies power to the chromecast
response times and switch over between hdmi 1 and hdmi 2 are good.

I too have a pv8 and it has some marks on the screen, so I was looking at the infocus. Is the screen actually 50". SD will be worse due to larger size and it not being plasma, but is it watchable. My set top box isnt even hd and my wife watches some soaps.:sad:

generic update: 3+ months of use of my infocus 50" TV. very happy with the PQ. havent bothered about SQ since my denon does the work. overall bang for the buck..
recommended.

For soaps we should get our wives/MILs/mothers a 14 inch CRT with no channel change options. (They anyway usually watch only 1 soap channel!!!) :) I hope no wives are reading this. :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back