InFocus brings LED TV to India

That's very competitive pricing.

Yes.. Looks like InFocus are providing 1 yr std warranty as standard for all models.. No option to buy extended warranty too..

Since they are new to the market, more than the lucrative price, they need to make the customer feel safe by providing atleast 3 yrs warranty if not 5 yrs warranty as standard...

Then they will have a real good chance to invite competition..

wow.......a 70 inch 4k Infocus for say under 1.5 lacs.....I am eagerly waiting for this kind of news....

When u can get a 60 inch full hd tv for a price unheard of...then why not..........I am today owning a Sony 95B full hd 55 inch purchased last april costing Rs.164000/-.........so it's highly feasible that 4k 65 to 70 inch will cost around 1.5......

so it's highly feasible that 4k 65 to 70 inch will cost around 1.5......

I think VU has a 65 inch 4K model for 1.2 Lacs roughly... Good that InFocus brings the 60inch for 70K.. Expecting price drops and eagerly awaiting Micromax > 50 inch TV's :eek:hyeah:

I think VU has a 65 inch 4K model for 1.2 Lacs roughly... Good that InFocus brings the 60inch for 70K.. Expecting price drops and eagerly awaiting Micromax > 50 inch TV's :eek:hyeah:

But I have heard lots of negative reviews of VU 65 4K model. Lets wait for Infocus 4k..... The models are already there but not released in India yet.

But I have heard lots of negative reviews of VU 65 4K model. Lets wait for Infocus 4k..... The models are already there but not released in India yet.

If you are referring to the one aval on Flipkart, take them as pointers and don't make a decision based on that...

One may have not used the right setting (or) played the right content to evaluate the TV capabilities...

Here is one of the review for VU 65 inch - VU LED65XT780 3D LED TV Review

So the 50 inch is not a sharp panel, but is it worth going for (over micromax or VU), they still don't have the demo facility in bangalore. I was planning to get a TV this week, but i guess i shall wait a few weeks and see how these turn out.

So the 50 inch is not a sharp panel, but is it worth going for (over micromax or VU), they still don't have the demo facility in bangalore. I was planning to get a TV this week, but i guess i shall wait a few weeks and see how these turn out.

I think 50 inch panel is not by Sharp.. Take a look @ the below image. Courtesy : gogi.in

infocus-LED-TV-specs-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think 50 inch panel is not by Sharp.. Take a look @ the below image. Courtesy : gogi.in

Does it matter? Innolux seems to be a huge company with 75K employees and seems to be one of the largest manufacturers of panels. I am sure Infocus would be worried about quality before incorporating their panels.

Cheers

Nothing for or against panel manufacturers.
Large flat panels (whatever be the tech) are difficult to get it right. Once they get it right, then all companies strive very hard to increase yield from the fabrication process.
This is why the Japanese biggies NEC, Pioneer, Panasonic, Sony, Sharp ruled for a good bit of time.
Due to rising costs and shrinking business and cut-throat competition from the likes of Samsung/LG many of the Japanese panel manufacturers went under.

There has been an alarming number of large screen TVs conking off within a few years of service lately; even from big name manufacturers.
The main reason, I suspect, is the obsession with size-0 TVs. Every manufacturer is trying to make it as thin as possible.
We buy these TVs, mount it on the wall, no air circulation, god knows what it does to heat and dissipation issues.
So next time you look at TVs, take a look at its back side. See how the plastic cover is perforated; will it suit your city weather, room placement, etc.
If possible, keep it stand mounted; this ensures 4-6 inches of space to mitigate heat dissipation issues.

As FM venkatcr found in his research of AVRs, Onkyo receivers had this problem of HDMI boards being fried occasionally due to heat dissipation from some network component.
Same logic can apply to panels as well; the panel itself may not be at fault, but is simply being unevenly cooked by some other circuit element.

Cheers,
Raghu

Same logic can apply to panels as well; the panel itself may not be at fault, but is simply being unevenly cooked by some other circuit element.

Unevenly cooked? Ha Ha. I like that logic. But you certainly have very valid point.

Cheers

Does it matter? Innolux seems to be a huge company with 75K employees and seems to be one of the largest manufacturers of panels. I am sure Infocus would be worried about quality before incorporating their panels.

Cheers

Am not very sure...Sharp displays are considered to one of the better displays..

I had a Xolo X1000 mobile (2 yrs back) for sometime which had SHARP display..The screen was fantastic...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back