Inside Norge 1000 stereo amp

Thanks for the pics. I had one but sold to a friend of mine. Its very good sounding with ample power. Only think it bothered me was the pop sound used to come from speaker whenever switching on..

Thanks for the pics. I had one but sold to a friend of mine. Its very good sounding with ample power. Only think it bothered me was the pop sound used to come from speaker whenever switching on..
You could have added a speaker protection/ soft-start circuit to your amp to eliminate pop sound. Amp had ample space inside.

Yes the amp has loads of power. I also use this as an external amplifier by connecting to the preouts of denon avr 2309 for watching movies and this works just fine but volume knob level should be doubled to get enough sound from the front speakers.

As you said, Does the pop sound from the speaker may result in damage of the speaker in the long run?

Yes the amp has loads of power. I also use this as an external amplifier by connecting to the preouts of denon avr 2309 for watching movies and this works just fine but volume knob level should be doubled to get enough sound from the front speakers.

As you said, Does the pop sound from the speaker may result in damage of the speaker in the long run?
I read about it in somewhere online that it doesn't affect the speakers. But every time I heard it I was becoming more nervous. Ultimately I sold it.

You could have added a speaker protection/ soft-start circuit to your amp to eliminate pop sound. Amp had ample space inside.
The Speaker Protection Circuit - Is this something Mr Laxman would add if we ask him to or needs to be done externally via DIY route ?

The Speaker Protection Circuit - Is this something Mr Laxman would add if we ask him to or needs to be done externally via DIY route ?
While placing your order you can tell them that you want a speaker protection circuit, they will do it.

does Reference 2000 use upgraded caps? I recently listened to them and was quite impressed for what it costs.

Very good sound quality for the money paid 15000/- incl freight.
Thanks for sharing these pics. I'm looking out for a vfm decent stereo amp. Mr Laxman has recommended this model to match the Acoustic Research M4 holographic speakers.

Zero noise when switching on and off... and really good output.. only con found is it has high bias current. So, high heat output on the heat sink... expected a bit cooler heat sink... might need to place it in a force ventilated cabinet..

Guys, now the concerto gold comes in 2 versions. With and without relay ( soft start ). It’s around 1.5k more with it. Mine is on the way and will post pics of it once received.
I visited Eastern Electronics yesterday as my uncle wanted a demo of the Concerto Gold 1000. Mr. Mahadev said they now incorporate the speaker protection circuit by default in all their amps. Didn't get a very clear pic of the inside..source was marantz cdp and played on their FS. We were quite pleased with the warm non-fatiguing sound. They've got a huge backlog of orders to complete and facing logistical issues with the front face plate. IMG-20211130-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20211130-WA0000.jpg

I visited Eastern Electronics yesterday as my uncle wanted a demo of the Concerto Gold 1000. Mr. Mahadev said they now incorporate the speaker protection circuit by default in all their amps. Didn't get a very clear pic of the inside..source was marantz cdp and played on their FS. We were quite pleased with the warm non-fatiguing sound. They've got a huge backlog of orders to complete and facing logistical issues with the front face plate. View attachment 64685
View attachment 64684
I remember going there in 2009 (when Mr. Bajaj was still around) to audition and buy Norge 2060 amp and MD Symphony Bookshelves :)

Any idea whether there is an option in the Concerto Gold 1000 to bypass the preamp section and use it as a power amp?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back