Integrated Amplifier & Speakers - Help Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaj DSV

Dear All,

Hope you are all fine and staying safe.

Soon, I want to install a new Integrated Amplifier & a pair of Bookshelf Speakers (Either normal ones or powered ones) at my desktop space where I usually sit and listen to the music for very longer hours. Soon, I might also build new desktop too with AMD Ryzon 4000 APU series CPU too. The source of music would be FLACS primarily through Desktop computer and Audio CDs from a CD player and sometimes movies from PC.

My total budget for AMP & Speakers would be around 70,000/- (Can be slightly extended if needed)

Integrated Amplifiers Options that I was thinking as of now: (Not sure if they are still good enough as they are already four or five year old models already...Or are there any better options? )

1. Marantz PM6006 Integrated Amplifier

2. Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier

And not sure about the speakers... How about Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 or 11.2 series or Polk S15 or S20? Would they be perfect match for these Amps or they fail to deliver enough power to these speakers? Would they serve enough bass or I need sub woofer?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations/suggestions.

Raaj.

You could consider Marantz PM 6006 + QA Concept 20/ QA 3030i combo.

Regarding IA Denon you mentioned is also very good. For speaker another good option is Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2.

I second that, my friend is enjoying this setup

My suggestion also is Marantz pm6006 +QA 3030i. I have the same amp and I am very happy with it.

PM6006 is good amp and will sound musical.Speakers can be better preferably with 6 in driver to get fuller sound.

Hi Raaj,

For your budget, I urge you to consider the combo of Yamaha WXA-50 and QAcoustics 3030i. WXA-50 is a compact but powerful ICEPower Module based Class D streamer+DAC+amp with Wifi, BT, USB and MusicCast DLNA. This amp is great value for money and also measures well. QAcoustics 3030i is one of the best bookshelf speakers at this price point. The combo is available online for a little above ₹70K.

If you are ok not having streaming apabilities, then your picks of Denon PMA-600NE or Marantz PM60006 or even Onkyo A-9010 are good options. I prefer the Denon over Marantz as it has a more open and punchy sound and would pair better with QAcoustics 3030i than the Marantz amp. Enjoy!

Thanks
Shyam

...For your budget, I urge you to consider the combo of Yamaha WXA-50 and QAcoustics 3030i. WXA-50 is a compact but powerful ICEPower Module based Class D streamer+DAC+amp with Wifi, BT, USB and MusicCast DLNA. This amp is great value for money and also measures well. QAcoustics 3030i is one of the best bookshelf speakers at this price point. The combo is available online for a little above ₹70K.

Thanks for the suggestion. I rarely listen to network related music. Most of the times, I play FLACs from computer or Audio CDs. Iam afraid, this would fit for my purpose, especially since I like pure stereo.

Its better you go with network receiver like Denon Dra-800h, Marantz NR1200, Yamaha RN603D/803D. These are powerful network receiver with lots of features . You will get calibration system, multiple inputs, music streaming, bass management etc with these network receiver. Within your budget you may consider Yamaha RN603D with WD 225, QA 3030i, Elac Debut B 6.2 etc . With little elevate budget you may consider Denon , Marantz network receiver.......
You may consider Monitor Audio Bronze 2 at very good discount rates as they are discontinued .

Only because of that I have suggested Yamaha RN603D and Warfdale Diamond 225, Elac Debut 2 B6.2 may be within OPs budget.

Thanks for the suggestion. I rarely listen to network related music. Most of the times, I play FLACs from computer or Audio CDs. Iam afraid, this would fit for my purpose, especially since I like pure stereo.
For your needs I suggest you stick with integrated amps for pure music enjoyment and consider a network player only if your priority is movies more than music.
Denon has indeed a more open and powerful sound while marantz has a warm smooth sound. Choose according to your taste. Pm 6006+QA 3030i will be a great option and add a usb DAC for computer audio.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

For your needs I suggest you stick with integrated amps for pure music enjoyment and consider a network player only if your priority is movies more than music.
Denon has indeed a more open and powerful sound while marantz has a warm smooth sound. Choose according to your taste. Pm 6006+QA 3030i will be a great option and add a usb DAC for computer audio.

@irv , thank you. BTW why we need USB DAC? Is it better than RCA audio outputs from desktop computer? If its better which USB DAC you would suggest?

Alternatively I have WDTV media player which can also be connect to Amplifier via its optical output. It has many input/output connections like USB, HDMI, RCA, Optical and also has in built Wi-FI. The only problem with it is, it can be operated through a monitor/TV via remote.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

@irv , thank you. BTW why we need USB DAC? Is it better than RCA audio outputs from desktop computer? If its better which USB DAC you would suggest?

Alternatively I have WDTV media player which can also be connect to Amplifier via its optical output. It has many input/output connections like USB, HDMI, RCA, Optical and also has in built Wi-FI. The only problem with it is, it can be operated through a monitor/TV via remote.
A computer is a poor source for music unless you are using a high end sound card. A good DAC will help you here. I suggest Topping E30 which is available at Headphonezone for 11k. I believe it has usb coaxial and optical inputs.

BTW, @irv , what do you think of WD TV media player output quality? Don't you think it gives good quality too?
I am not familiar with wdtv but from my limited knowledge I guess it is not meant for serious music listening but is useful as a multipurpose device. Anyways after you set up your amp and speakers try it yourself how good it is musically and decide if you need a DAC.

One of the suggested amp+BS combo and a premium music subscription (gaana, Spotify, youtube music premium etc) will take care of your needs. Later you can add or upgrade the components. In this case also a dedicated DAC will make things better unless you are using an LG V series or G series mobile which come with quad dac.

@Raaj DSV
In your opening post you mention this would be for a desktop setup.
And then you are looking at a full size IA and regular bookshelf speakers.
- to host a full size IA, is there enough space on your desktop?
- some of the speakers suggested above may not behave well when used for near field listening

Why don't you consider active desktop monitors?

Cheers,
Raghu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back