Integrated Amplifier with Bluetooth and/or wifi streaming Capabilities

MycroftHolmes

Hello FMs,

I have my heart set out on either Wharfedale 220 or 225. I loved their warm signature. And by and large, I am set with my speakers choice.
I am just confused with the choice of Amplifier/Stereo Receiver etc.
There are so many Sanskrit, SMPL 18, some Chinese brands, some Indian brands like Norge and then Yamaha, Denon Marantz and NAD 3020 etc that I am confused.

There is also an option of buying normal amplifiers + Chromecast Audio (or Bluetooth receiver)

The Price Range is 15K to 35K

I would prefer an amplifier with phono input so I may use vinyl ( though not absolutely mandatory)

My usual source is iPhone Spotify and similar Apps and then Macbook Air for FLAC files via aux
So the confusion is what to buy

Noob Question: Do network streamers have the amplifier built-in?

Looking forward to your ideas.

Hello FMs,

I have my heart set out on either Wharfedale 220 or 225. I loved their warm signature. And by and large, I am set with my speakers choice.
There are so many Sanskrit, SMPL 18, some Chinese brands, some Indian brands like Norge and then Yamaha, Denon Marantz and NAD 3020 etc that I am confused.

There is also an option of buying normal amplifiers + Chromecast Audio (or Bluetooth receiver)

I would prefer an amplifier with phono input so I may use vinyl ( though not absolutely mandatory)

My usual source is iPhone Spotify and similar Apps and then Macbook Air for FLAC files via aux

Hey man!
Most network streamers don’t have an amp inbuilt.
Check out Marantz NR1200.
It is a 2 channel stereo receiver with network streaming capabilities.
Not sure about it’s price but looks like it will be in your budget.

You can also consider Denon DRA800H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello FMs,

I have Chromecast hooked to a pair of Creative Speakers and I am surprised by the sound quality. It's really good. For a simple no-nonsense casual listening bedroom setup, it's Great.

However, if you want to go with the Speaker DAC Amp setup, then look for a decent amp and a separate DAC. Separates just add the flexibility of only changing that component which you are not conformable with. Pick up a good Dac from Schiit or similar and a suitable amp. You may even try out a DIY amp such as the DD amp from @Aniket or the V4 from @shaan.

MaSh

Hey man!
Most network streamers don’t have an amp inbuilt.
Check out Marantz NR1200.
It is a 2 channel stereo receiver with network streaming capabilities.
Not sure about it’s price but looks like it will be in your budget.
Is it available in India? Any contact details?

MaSh

Last edited:
If your main source is iPhone then the Chromecast is not very useful. You should look for IAs with Airplay support. I was in the same boat and picked up Yamaha R-N803 at ~50K. It supports BT, AirPlay and network streaming for TIDAL, Spotify and FLAC streamed for network storage. If this is out of your budget look for the cheaper R-N303 its around 25K.

HTH.

...I have my heart set out on either Wharfedale 220 or 225...
...I am just confused with the choice of Amplifier/Stereo Receiver etc...
...The Price Range is 15K to 35K...
...Do network streamers have the amplifier built-in?...
In that budget, you could look into the likes of Yamaha WXA-50, Denon RCD-N10, Pioneer XCHM86D, Marantz MCR612 etc., depending on pricing and availability.
Slightly up the chain, you could also explore the entry-level offerings from Cocktail Audio.

I have Chromecast hooked to a pair of Creative Speakers and I am surprised by the sound quality. It's really good. For a simple no-nonsense casual listening bedroom setup, it's Great.

However, if you want to go with the Speaker DAC Amp setup, then look for a decent amp and a separate DAC. Separates just add the flexibility of only changing that component which you are not conformable with. Pick up a good Dac from Schiit or similar and a suitable amp. You may even try out a DIY amp such as the DD amp from @Aniket or the V4 from @shaan.

MaSh

Is it available in India? Any contact details?

MaSh
MZ Audio in Bombay deals with Marantz and they said it would be available in a week.
They’re not sure about the price though.
But it should be around ₹40000 I guess. What do you think?

Hello FMs,

Fellow FMs already suggested good options.

Here is my three cent with my experience with Wharfedale 225 and various integrated amp.
  1. Naim Nait 5si : This is best integrated amp, foot tapping experience. sadly don't have this amp with me now.
  2. Marantz PM7005 : My current amplifier, pretty happy with it, since it's one box solution DAC + integrated amp. Very natural sound.
  3. NAD D3020 v1: Dark sounding, OK for bed room setup. For living room setup I feel it's does not have juice to drive wharfedale.
Summery: Naim Nait 5si > Marantz PM7005 > NAD D3020 v1

I would suggest to go with Marantz within your budget. I have not heard Wharfedale + Denon, so cannot comment on it.

Every manufacturer has amplifier with streamer options in market as it is the one box solution for music lovers ranging from entry level to mid segment like
Yamaha have RN 303,603,803
Onkyo have TX 8250, 8270
Marantz have NR 1200, PM 7000n
Already FM have suggested you other options within your budget.
Denon have DRA 800H
Many avrs also have same kind of options with little higher price with inbuilt streaming services through their own in house apps like Denon/Marantz HEOS, Onkyo/Pioneer DTS Ply -fi, Yamaha Music Cast

I have Audiolab 6000A and has got Bluetooth connectivity and DAC. Good integrated amplifier and I could easily play Spotify using iPhone .

Audiolab 6000A is way over my budget. Are you offering a sale btw?

Every manufacturer has amplifier with streamer options in market as it is the one box solution for music lovers ranging from entry level to mid segment like
Yamaha have RN 303,603,803
Onkyo have TX 8250, 8270
Marantz have NR 1200, PM 7000n
Already FM have suggested you other options within your budget.
Denon have DRA 800H
Many avrs also have same kind of options with little higher price with inbuilt streaming services through their own in house apps like Denon/Marantz HEOS, Onkyo/Pioneer DTS Ply -fi, Yamaha Music Cast

That is a very exhaustive list.

Thank you. I think this is what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

I have a Denon DRA800h - which is a stereo receiver with DAC and bluetooth, airplay etc.

I have it hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale Diamond D230s.

Am very happy with the combo.

Yeah pretty good combo. ButI had that much budget I think I would have gone for Audiolab 6000A. It is just perfect.

If your main source is iPhone then the Chromecast is not very useful. You should look for IAs with Airplay support. I was in the same boat and picked up Yamaha R-N803 at ~50K. It supports BT, AirPlay and network streaming for TIDAL, Spotify and FLAC streamed for network storage. If this is out of your budget look for the cheaper R-N303 its around 25K.

HTH.

Yes these are the options I will be trying.

There are some dedicated streamers with amplifier options available in market with limited connectivity options like
Blusound powernode 2i
Paradigm PW Link
Yamaha WAX 50

Something like Cambridge audio cxa60 + Chromecast should be great. Or marantz nr1200 is complete solution for bookshelf with avg or good sensitivity.

Arylic A50 on Ali express. Check it out. 123Toid has reviewed it on YouTube
Thanks!
Would look into it.
Would it work well with Wharfedale Diamond 225?

Something like Cambridge audio cxa60 + Chromecast should be great. Or marantz nr1200 is complete solution for bookshelf with avg or good sensitivity.

This is really nice but quite above my budget.

I am thinking of chucking wifi streaming and Bluetooth connectivity altogether.
Because primarily I would listen from a wire (Aux cable) from MacBook air and an iphone. I would another method to connect later on.
Sound is first priority now

So think I should just stick with good amp with good DAC.
Would you suggest anything @lalit09 ?

There are some dedicated streamers with amplifier options available in market with limited connectivity options like
Blusound powernode 2i
Paradigm PW Link
Yamaha WAX 50

What would be good amp with good DAC for Wharfedale diamond 225? (30-40K budget) @rpmahale

cc: @MaSh @saketgyani @argho

I am chucking the Bluetooth/streaming connectivity altogether. Will find some other solution to it

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back