• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Integrated Stereo Tube amplifier

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

sanj

Hi I wanted to buy Integrated stereo tube amplifier 100w ..I don’t have any idea about it...request forum friends to suggest me some good sounding amplifier .

Rgds
Sanjay

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

rajis141

Dear Sanjay,

As per my experience, a tube amplifier is not liked by everyone since the sound signature will vary if you are used to a SS amp.
100 w IMHO is a very high wattage if you are looking for one of this wattage.
My sincere advise would be to hear a tube amplifier first (if your friends or relatives own any) or audition it at any showroom if possible.
There are various types of these amplifiers which you should probably be aware of.
I personally have a tube amplifier which one of my friend has made for me. It sounds excellent on his setup at his place but the same amplifier at my place is less pleasant to hear. I find a Norge 2060 which i own more appealing to my taste. I am in the process of upgrading my other chain of equipment to do justice to this tube amp. So please take a calculated decision since tube amps cost a lot of money. There are many variables to get a perfect sound from a tube amp.

sanj

Dear Sanjay,

As per my experience, a tube amplifier is not liked by everyone since the sound signature will vary if you are used to a SS amp.
100 w IMHO is a very high wattage if you are looking for one of this wattage.
My sincere advise would be to hear a tube amplifier first (if your friends or relatives own any) or audition it at any showroom if possible.
There are various types of these amplifiers which you should probably be aware of.
I personally have a tube amplifier which one of my friend has made for me. It sounds excellent on his setup at his place but the same amplifier at my place is less pleasant to hear. I find a Norge 2060 which i own more appealing to my taste. I am in the process of upgrading my other chain of equipment to do justice to this tube amp. So please take a calculated decision since tube amps cost a lot of money. There are many variables to get a perfect sound from a tube amp.

Thanks rajis141 for your suggestions, I do auditioned Rogue audio,s intregated amp with Zu audio speakers , it sounded very good to my ears so looking for suggestions from experienced friends who are using tube amplifier.

Rgds
Sanjay

swami69

Since your query is beginner level, i shall try and throw some inputs from my side, as i am a beginner as well in Tubes !!

I currently pair a Dared SL2000a Tube Pre amplifier with my solid state NAD 355bee and it sounds great with all the required basic HIFI parameters. e.g., Instrument separation, deep sound stage, image, clarity etc., Since i like Vocals, Jazz and smooth Rock, i want to try a full tube setup with limited budget.

So, i have ordered a Oldchen EL34 (approx 18k incl shipping from Ali Express + whatever customs duty ) based Integrated Tube amplifier rated at 10W per channel and expecting its arrival soon. I will try and set it up to see how it improves my current setup. The problems i could face are as below :

Since it is only 10W per channel, not sure how effectively it will drive my 86db Dynaudio or a 90db Mission. Considering i am going to use this setup in a smaller room, i am pretty confident it may work well at descent listening levels.

Now, to your point, a 100W tube amplifier ?? is going to be insanely expensive. If you settle down for something like me, then you need to have very good efficient speakers, usually people suggest atleast 90db sensitivity minimum. But, as i am doing my trial, if it is a smaller room, a setup like mine would work, i do not know.

So, i would suggest, you fix a budget for both the Speakers and Tube amplifier, read lots of reviews on Internet, try and see whether you have someone to help you audition, or ELSE, just go like me blindly and set it up.

I am taking a chance and i am sure i can make it work with what is available with me. Will keep you all posted about the impressions.

Swami

madhanmss

How about this combo? Read good review about this..

Naturelover

Staff member
Hi I wanted to buy Integrated stereo tube amplifier 100w ..I don’t have any idea about it...request forum friends to suggest me some good sounding amplifier .
You can check out tube amps at Delhi based Lyrita Audio. The owner is a well respected forum member here.
lyrita-audio.in

sanj

You can check out tube amps at Delhi based Lyrita Audio. The owner is a well respected forum member here.
lyrita-audio.in

Thanks Naturelover for suggestion..I have auditioned it earlier but not liked it .so looking for other brand.

Rgds

Since your query is beginner level, i shall try and throw some inputs from my side, as i am a beginner as well in Tubes !!

I currently pair a Dared SL2000a Tube Pre amplifier with my solid state NAD 355bee and it sounds great with all the required basic HIFI parameters. e.g., Instrument separation, deep sound stage, image, clarity etc., Since i like Vocals, Jazz and smooth Rock, i want to try a full tube setup with limited budget.

So, i have ordered a Oldchen EL34 (approx 18k incl shipping from Ali Express + whatever customs duty ) based Integrated Tube amplifier rated at 10W per channel and expecting its arrival soon. I will try and set it up to see how it improves my current setup. The problems i could face are as below :

Since it is only 10W per channel, not sure how effectively it will drive my 86db Dynaudio or a 90db Mission. Considering i am going to use this setup in a smaller room, i am pretty confident it may work well at descent listening levels.

Now, to your point, a 100W tube amplifier ?? is going to be insanely expensive. If you settle down for something like me, then you need to have very good efficient speakers, usually people suggest atleast 90db sensitivity minimum. But, as i am doing my trial, if it is a smaller room, a setup like mine would work, i do not know.

So, i would suggest, you fix a budget for both the Speakers and Tube amplifier, read lots of reviews on Internet, try and see whether you have someone to help you audition, or ELSE, just go like me blindly and set it up.

I am taking a chance and i am sure i can make it work with what is available with me. Will keep you all posted about the impressions.

Swami

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, my speakers are 91db sensitive , minimum power requirement is 20 watt so I don’t think it will drive my existing speaker,

pl do share your experience with me .

Rgds

How about this combo? Read good review about this..

Thanks.

Naturelover

Staff member
Rethm used to have an excellent model. I have used their older model.
Surprisingly I don't see any amp on their website now,
http://www.analogaudiolabs.com/ is another option.
And https://audiolounge.in/shop/cadence-va-1-0-amplifier/

There is another line of thought which recommends tube pre and SS power. If you haven't liked Lyrita, perhaps this is for you.
Acoustic Portrait of Bangalore follow that principle. Excellent products.
You might have seen my recent thread on them.

If you have the budget, look at Berning. You won't need to look any further I think.
FMs Prem and fiftyfifty own Berning amps so far as I am aware.

reubensm

a 100W tube amplifier ?? is going to be insanely expensive

Here's an example of a 100 watt tube amp schematic (1 channel) which will illustrate what it takes:

100w-ULab1-amp1-3x6SN7-6xEL34-sh1-3Mar14.gif

sanj

Rethm used to have an excellent model. I have used their older model.
Surprisingly I don't see any amp on their website now,
http://www.analogaudiolabs.com/ is another option.
And https://audiolounge.in/shop/cadence-va-1-0-amplifier/

There is another line of thought which recommends tube pre and SS power. If you haven't liked Lyrita, perhaps this is for you.
Acoustic Portrait of Bangalore follow that principle. Excellent products.
You might have seen my recent thread on them.

If you have the budget, look at Berning. You won't need to look any further I think.
FMs Prem and fiftyfifty own Berning amps so far as I am aware.

Thanks Naturelover...I don’t know price of Berring integrated amp in India and about its dealer in India, I may stretch into 2 L for it..

Rgds

Do check Thiyaga Hybrid Integrated Amplifier from acousticportrait https://acousticportrait.com/product/thiyaga-hybrid-integrated-amplifier/

SNR101 dB
THD0.02% @ 1kHz
Power180W @ 8 Ohms
Thanks

Here's an example of a 100 watt tube amp schematic (1 channel) which will illustrate what it takes:

100w-ULab1-amp1-3x6SN7-6xEL34-sh1-3Mar14.gif
Thanks for schematic but I am sorry I don’t have DIY skill.
Rgds

Naturelover

Staff member
Might be worth a look

sanj

Might be worth a look
Thanks