Interest check: Lynx, Zypher, Miniwatt etc

jai1611

I'll be putting a fair bit of audio stuff on sale in the next few days as part of a major spring cleaning exercise. Flagging this ahead of time:
1) Zypher power amp
2) Lynx AES16 sound card (along with a parts for an audio PC or a fully built one)
3) Miniwatt S1/APPJ mini tube amp (with NOS Russian tubes)
4) CM6631 based USB SPDIF converter
5) Monarchy Audio DIP
6) Pulz 180DC integrated amp (needs service)

Others which may also end up on sale (not decided yet)
1) Logitech Squeezebox
2) Behringer SRC 2496 Upsampler / DAC
3) Lyrita DHT preamp
4) Sonodyne tower speakers (the base model - 2504 v3)

I will also be giving away some DIY kits, transformers and parts, as well as some cables (need to sort through these).

You will be selling your zypher amp, why? I thought you liked it very much!

I am selling off almost everything that I wont be using in my main or HT systems. Now that I've gone back to the Rethms, I dont have any system to use the Zypher in. The HT setup is very basic (Denon 1612 + 2 channel speakers) so again no room to accommodate a power amp

Squeezebox is going to be a hot item! If spiro backs out, I'd like to purchase it too.

At the present condition of market SQ.Box is become an hot product and the price may shoot upto USD1000 also.:p

Also have an ASUS GTX570 graphics card I'll be putting up. The Sonodyne towers will also be put up on sale (move from the second list to the first one)

The DIY stuff and transformers will be mostly for giveaway or sold at nominal prices (basically to ensure someone serious about building takes them)

The Logitech and Lyrita will definitely going - to my father in law if he wants them or on sale here.

In my book, the three best products in this list are the Lynx, Zypher and Lyrita preamp. All three are exceptional products - they all have quirks but well worth the effort of getting around them. If I had decided to retain the Dynaudios, the Lyrita and Zypher would both not be part of this thread. Similarly, if my DAC had a AES input, the Lynx would have stayed

A Lynx soundcard became my ambition when I started with PC audio over ten years ago, but it would have to have been one with analogue i/o. Lynx stuff is studio standard, let alone hifi standard. Anyone interested in the high end of DAC/ADC/HP-amp might like to look at their external interface, the Hilo. Some people say it has the best converters they ever heard.

Sadly, though, these days I look from a distance that is not just financial: Lynx is not interested in supporting Linux. :(

A Lynx soundcard became my ambition when I started with PC audio over ten years ago, but it would have to have been one with analogue i/o. Lynx stuff is studio standard, let alone hifi standard. Anyone interested in the high end of DAC/ADC/HP-amp might like to look at their external interface, the Hilo. Some people say it has the best converters they ever heard.

Sadly, though, these days I look from a distance that is not just financial: Lynx is not interested in supporting Linux. :(

Within the pro DAC world, some others I would consider around the price of the Hilo: Prism Lyra, Burl B2 DAC, Crookwood DAC / monitor controller

Interested in the Miniwatt. When is it going on sale?

Will start putting things up over the weekend. I want to test it before putting it up given I havent used it in some time.

The amp is about 5 years old. Its the APPJ OEM version and comes with upgraded tubes (Russian NOS). I got a few spare tubes when I imported them, which I'll bundle along with the amp.

My current digital playback system uses this Lynx card and I was living in the hope that I could put Jaibir's card into my new PC and replicate the programs on my music player to have a fall back music system. I only need a digital out - S/PDIF preferably. I am still sure this can be done on my new PC (after inserting this card) with a little help from people who know how to mirror a hard drive and rename the drives to match the new computer....

Last edited:
Within the pro DAC world, some others I would consider around the price of the Hilo: Prism Lyra, Burl B2 DAC, Crookwood DAC / monitor controller
Lavry... Grace...

Oddly, the USP of Burl, unlike others in the pro field is that it is flavoured rather than transparent.

But... I feel a tap on the shoulder... must not hijack threads! :eek:

~

Lavry... Grace...

Oddly, the USP of Burl, unlike others in the pro field is that it is flavoured rather than transparent.

But... I feel a tap on the shoulder... must not hijack threads! :eek:

~

Lavry doesnt fit the US$2-3k range - either lower or much higher. Dont know much about Grace.

Burl and Crookwood both seem to have that philosophy - people who like one also like the other. Frankly if either were available in India, I would have been quite tempted!

The miniwatt is going to an old friend (also an FM here) who has been after it for years.

Will start putting up the other postings tonight

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back