Interest Check: Mumbai Music Meet Starring Amphion Helium 410

Status
Not open for further replies.

denom

Banned
Banned
Have been requested by the distri of the Amphion Speakers in India, Mr. Khushrau Jilla (KJ), to seek an interest check wrt him hosting a meet in a suburban hotel in the Juhu Area of Mumbai, for showcasing the Amphion Helium 410 BS Speakers.

His intention is to set up a system & let FM's & their friends to come over to listen to music & have discussions on the related topic. Timings would be from 1000 to 1730 hours, tentatively during the 2nd week end of April 2014 (12th or 13th April 2014 to be precise).

He has discussed the same with supermod who has given the green signal for posting the same on the forum via me.

Based on the firm interest of a decent number of FM's/Interested people, KJ will go ahead to book the venue & confirm the meet.

Request all to confirm their interest in such a meet.

All are most welcome to bring their music along (CD format only)

Thanks

Nice! Lookinig forward to the reports.

It's a shame it is just the one model though.

Send him to Chennai :D But tell him to bring the ion/ion+ with him too :) :)

Well, atleast its a start to something we as music lovers/audiophiles/gadget freaks/whatever you call yourself, are looking for to happen.

If this one takes off, it will be a start to more happening in the future, hopefully all over India, with more distri's being gently nudged to do the same.

So lets look forward to this actually happening.

Remember, you don't have to pay to come for this meet. That itself should be a good enough incentive, what say???

I would definitely like to be there. Will reconfirm closer to the date.
Thanks

folks,

this is a good chance to hear these nice speakers. I have had a home audition and so i may not drop in - am not sure just yet.

But please do not lose the chance to meet with Mr KJ too - he is the other "attraction " in a manner of speaking.

One can learn, discuss and see various aspects of speaker positioning and practical effective room treatment.

Do pick his brain and i am sure you will gain - even of you decide to buy later.

mpw
=================================================

folks,

this is a good chance to hear these nice speakers. I have had a home audition and so i may not drop in - am not sure just yet.

But please do not lose the chance to meet with Mr KJ too - he is the other "attraction " in a manner of speaking.

One can learn, discuss and see various aspects of speaker positioning and practical effective room treatment.

Do pick his brain and i am sure you will gain - even of you decide to buy later.

mpw
=================================================

+1

I have had the opportunity to audition these speakers in the store in Mumbai and i came away quite impressed for the size and price.

Also I have had the pleasure of meeting KJ a couple of times and i think he is an absolute genius when it comes to setups. I have experienced it first hand.
It will be a good opportunity for anyone interested to learn from him.

I am sure if I can make a trip from Jaipur to audition speakers, people in and around Mumbai can definitely go and experience this.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun and do report the experience :)

+1

I have had the opportunity to audition these speakers in the store in Mumbai and i came away quite impressed for the size and price.

I am sure if I can make a trip from Jaipur to audition speakers, people in and around Mumbai can definitely go and experience this.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun and do report the experience :)

Nice Speaker - I am sure.
Always liked the build on these Finish Products - reminded me of my Penaudio's [many years back] !
Did you get the Amphions ?
You were on the look out for a speaker & a set up - I am sure you have found what you were looking for - maybe you have posted a link to your set up & I may have missed it;
Enjoy your set up & music more importantly !
All the Best !

Back to the topic - this is a great idea - super initiative by KJ & Denom - it is a step in the right direction - I am sure a lot of FM's stand to gain from it.

I do hope that the response is overwhelming;
I wish all concerned the very best !

:licklips:

So am I.

I am sure we could do better in Chennai!

(hint hint)
=====================================

go ahead thad.

do contact KJ and request him to send you a pair.

will be nice to walk the talk.. and be interviewed on NDTV too :clapping:

mpw
==================================================

Hah ha, putting action where the mouth is, eh? [Blush]

I don't have space/faciolities to do it. But I will be meeting with a couple of the HFV-meetup leading lights, and will mention this, and see if a ball can be got rolling.

that would be great thad.

buying or not is an individual decision but certainly one can take an hour or two out to hear / see / believe and come to ones own conclusion.

mpw
=====================================================

besides thad.. the 410 does not need too much space.. but that is to be heard / seen to be believed.

mpw

April 12 afternoon seems okay for me. I have had a mini listen to this speaker at mpw's home, but will like to discover more this time.

I am thrilled to listen to this if the event happens in Chennai .

Would be much more interesting to have meet with the similar priced BS with this Almighty

Hope i get the invite when it happens !!!

hmmmmm, quite a sad response to the interest check. One that is bewildering to say the least now that the meet expenses are being taken care of by the distributor himself. Free audio session & lunch not interesting folks of our forum :rolleyes: :confused:

2 confirmed for 13th
1 tentative for 13th

rest well wishers & ones providing 'outside' support to the meet.

KJ has laid down the gauntlet, which sadly is not being picked up :cool:

And people complain that the distributors/dealers are not putting in efforts to make the industry grow.

Will keep the thread alive till 5th april 2014, after which will be pulling the plug on this comatose meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back