Interest check - Oppo BDP95 with region free kit

anm

Hi,
I am thinking of an upgrade to oppo 105. But I need to free up some money and hence thinking of giving away 95. It is in top notch condition. I normally use the oppo remote app on my S2 phone.

I am expecting 65k INR for it.

Depending on the interest level, I will move this to for sale, when I reach home tonight.

Hi Anm,

How is the Oppo BDP95 as a transport? Have you compared it with NAD C542 you own?

Thanks

I can't compare - I would need a very good DAC for that. I am using my AVR mostly as a DAC.

Just curios :). Why would you use the AVR DAC when Oppo 95 has a superior DAC that would out perform any low-medium budget AVR DACs.

-John.

^^^ to compare as as transport. Plus I do not find the dac in my NAD T785 to be lacking. Plus I am doing it for the sake of simplicity. Ideally I should take pre-out from avr into the stereo amp, and then use the stereo amp to drive the left right. Edit - so that I can use oppo's analog out into the stereo amp.
However, these days my mom/ daughter use the system as well, so I have simplified it for them :)
I think now they are comfortable, I will add one more variable to their handling of the system.

Last edited:
Makes sense ANM.

If you are not using the DACs inside Oppo 95/105, then Oppo 93/103 are great option. Just my 2 cents. The transport is exactly same in Oppo 93/95/103 and very slightly different in 105. I got this confirmed directly from Oppo.

But the DAC in 95 and 105 are very superior and great VFM given the price to performance ratio. Oppo 95 also got Stereophile A+ rating in the universal player category. Stereophile A+ rating is given to some super quality serious AV gear.

I think this is a great deal as Oppo sounds super after some initial break in. I just bought myself an Oppo 105, just a few days back :yahoo:. Otherwise I would have really considered this deal :).

-John.

I m also thinking of 105 but dont have money and need to keep both. Offer will be for 2-3 days while a friend in US can purchase 105 for me, else I will caeey on with my life with 95

however I think 95 would be a better transport than 93 due to better power supply and chasis IMHO

ANM,

What I heard was the dedicated linear power supply driven from a toroidal transformer in 95 and 105 are for analog audio circuit and DAC. They use the same SMPS power supply module for transports in both 93 and 95. I am not sure about this though.

Yes the chassis is different and 95/105 has a better chassis. Even they did a slight mod to the transport mechanism in 105.

Thanks,
John.

I have been researching 103 vs 105, and most users who have heard both units feel that used with digital outputs they are virtualy identical. Of - course analog outputs wise the 105 is vastly superior.
And yes the 93 and 95 use exactly identical transports so digital output wise it will be very hard to distinguish between these two. I have the 83 and am planning to get the 103 to be used as a transport.
Cheers,
Sid

one reason I was thinking for going for 105 was hdmi in. So oppo has good video circuitry - if I can apply it to other video sources, I can use external ISO players etc. Other option is to go for an external video processor, and use a cheaper BR player.

if one uses all digital sources, then you don't need an avr. Just add a power amp and oppo can do everything for you. Put cable on one input, and game console on another and you are done.

if one uses all digital sources, then you don't need an avr. Just add a power amp and oppo can do everything for you. Put cable on one input, and game console on another and you are done.
Only thing that oppo should have dedicated volume control.

ANM,

These were few of the reasons I went with Oppo 105 :).

those are my reasons too but I think I will carry on with 95 only as there isn't much interest for this fine player :)

one reason I was thinking for going for 105 was hdmi in. So oppo has good video circuitry - if I can apply it to other video sources, I can use external ISO players etc. Other option is to go for an external video processor, and use a cheaper BR player.

I never seen oppo personally but much aware of its A/V capabilities through various forums.
Dumb Question: Practically how much noticeable difference oppo 95 /105 produces in PQ compared to standard BR Player? Have you noticed side by side?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back