Interest Check - Potential Buyers - Panasonic Plasmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

satan

Hi guys,

Ever since I registered at HFV, I've received quite a few PMs from other members who are interested in buying various Panasonic Plasma TV's.

It seems there are quite a few people who are all looking to get one before December this year. I think if we decide on a Group Buy, we can definitely talk to a Panasonic dealer or distributor to get a much better final price.

Anyone from anywhere in India can express their interest in this as the dealer or distributor can ship the product to any location in India.

The product will come with the standard 3 years Panasonic warranty and the wall mount will be included with the TV itself. This also includes free installation of the wall mount & TV as well.

To make this thread more easy to follow, please post the following information

1) Your location
2) The model you are interested in
3) The best price you have received so far for the model you are looking to buy

Last edited:
1) What is your location?
2) Which dealer?
3) Who is having pan india presence?
4) Delivary mechanism?
5) What is display pieces are given?What is complaint redressal system?
6) The way of transport ?Who is responsible for in transit damage?
7) What about octroi?
8) How about nottax friendly locations like west bangal?

Not to discourage you guys, I suggest you guys go and buy at your local dealer and keep rapport with the retailer, which may be helpful if you need to get a replacement for various reasons.

What you guys need to do is keep your target price and try to bargain at various stores. In Bangalore, anything lessthan 64K for 42 V20 is a good price.

Once again I think you guys seriously should look at few good LCD models before you pull the trigger for V20.

2) Which dealer?
The dealer I am in touch with is from Bombay. Unfortunately I can't discuss much else until this is final since the dealer will be operating below MOP. Once this final, the dealer can get an approval from Panasonic and at that time I can state the dealers identity.

3) Who is having pan india presence?
You don't need the dealer to have a PAN India presence. What you need is Panasonic's service presence which if i'm not mistaken is available in most cities in India.

4) Delivary mechanism?
Delivery will be handled by BlueDart. The same company that handles the delivery between Panasonic, it's distribuors and the dealers. I'm sure all packages will be insured. In case of damage either the dealer or the insurance company will be responsible.

5) What is display pieces are given?What is complaint redressal system?
This is definitely an issue, but if we are going to pick up several units, I'm sure the dealer wouldn't want to jeopardize the deal. This is something I guess I can drill into the dealer's head and ensure that some sort of contingency can be thought of to ensure that display units are not given to any of us.

7) What about octroi?
Octroi must be paid wherever applicable. Simple!

8) How about nottax friendly locations like west bangal?
WB is definitely out of the question. Most online retailers refrain from deliveries to WB and i'm sure this dealer won't be an exception.

All questions answered.

Why qn no 1 is avoided? Your location? So all does not include no 1?

The MOP for the 42 V20 is 66K (atleast it is true in Bangalore), every retailer sells them below 66K. At the most they bill at 66K and give you the difference as cashback.

Why qn no 1 is avoided? Your location? So all does not include no 1?

How does where I live matter? It's not like you are buying it from me.

Anyways since you are so curious about it, I live in B'lore.

Anyways since you are so curious about it, I live in B'lore.

But why hide? any specific reasons?:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:I mean I found Blore is extreamly pleasant city.

I think when people are relying for some commercial transaction ,there should be some transperancy..,hidden location,that to when asked ,alias used insted of name will not bring up confidence of some members to involve in financial transaction on the higher side of 50K. add to that mystery dealer .....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like I said, the commercial TXN is not with me. I'm just doing this so everyone including myself can benefit from getting a lower than market price.

I don't need your confidence or anyone else's for that matter simply because I'm not the one you are sending your money to. The idea is that we all find out the best possible price that we individually can and figure out which disrti / dealer can make it sweeter.

For now the dealer that I know has given me a price lower than anyone else. If enough people are interested and once the dealer / distri reconfirms the price with Panasonic directly, the name of the dealer and the contact information will be given to everyone else after which they can disuss whatever they want. That's the extent of my involvement in this. I can't put the dealer in trouble just beacuse you (someone who probably doesn't even want to buy the TV) say so.

Satan, you are warned not to use abusive language. HFV is a place where members know each other personally. Irrespective of what you think, we do not abusive language here. VenkatCR

Last edited by a moderator:

That way you are not making a deal in a remote place in east india (no offence to the place) while a majority of your group is on the other side of the country. Shipping and handling will hurt in such cases.

Whatever my reasons for not answering your questions about me personally is none of your business and BTW this is a public forum; several people including myself prefer to use a screen name or an avatar or alias (whatever you want to call it) instead of advertising our names like you have. Maybe you need the attention. I don't! [/QUOTE]
Hi
Whatever reasons u have to get upset is not my business but this comment was not appreciated.

Whatever my reasons for not answering your questions about me personally is none of your business and BTW this is a public forum; several people including myself prefer to use a screen name or an avatar or alias (whatever you want to call it) instead of advertising our names like you have. Maybe you need the attention. I don't!
Hi
Whatever reasons u have to get upset is not my business but this comment was not appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks captian ,I felt it was too rude..I had quarrals In the past ( notably my current quarral with arambir) but he always maintained dignity of laungauge and I think I tried too

iMaybe you need the attention. I don't! So quit being a smart-a$$ and stop writing yourself a mystery novel that no one else is going to read but you.
Peace out

@ Moderator ...Is this usage of words ok?I mean is it not against our forum rule no 1

"We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics are STRICTLY prohibited. Even indirect use of abusive language (e.g. B****) will attract moderator action."

That's the extent of my involvement in this. I can't put the dealer in trouble just beacuse you (someone who probably doesn't even want to buy the TV) say so.

Whatever my reasons for not answering your questions about me personally is none of your business and BTW this is a public forum; several people including myself prefer to use a screen name or an avatar or alias (whatever you want to call it) instead of advertising our names like you have. Maybe you need the attention. I don't! So quit being a smart-a$$ and stop writing yourself a mystery novel that no one else is going to read but you.

Another thing before I conclude my rant... this isn't the first GO that I've organised so don't try to teach me about transparency and all the other jazz. If you want one, join in, if you don't move along!

Peace out

1) On this forum in your past 20 posting I am yet to see GO.So if you want to say about trust ..then it is declining. Whatever you do on other forum is happening in different online universe..So can you point out past different GO's on HFV? I mean on other forum with different ( or same) name any GO is made ,how we can assume it is from same person?

2) How conveniently you assume I may not be the customer. Yes I owe 2 displays but that does not mean I may not be potential customer.BTW I was convencing one of my friend and my bro ( both non members) to buy plasma. Informed them about this GO..but now with this attitude of course they are not participating.

3) Again it is matter of trust.Yes people trust here. I gave certain part of my system for audition while selling before transacting any money.But that is no big thing. Cause similar thing is offered by Jaibir to test his Dac( Thanks Jaibir) .also In mumbai small bits and pieces are just given ( Thanks Kapil for your projector screen!) So In any deals trust is necessary...

Not to discourage you guys, I suggest you guys go and buy at your local dealer and keep rapport with the retailer, which may be helpful if you need to get a replacement for various reasons.

What you guys need to do is keep your target price and try to bargain at various stores. In Bangalore, anything lessthan 64K for 42 V20 is a good price.

Once again I think you guys seriously should look at few good LCD models before you pull the trigger for V20.

hi just to bring the thread back to its original purpose ...

i got 60k offer for 42v20 in Bangalore.

Last edited:

It is off-topic..but dear you are surely one pissed off customer with panny V20.I would be lying if I didn't say your points made in different threads make me reconsider my buying decision. Unfortunately every remark you made turned true in my auditions of this display.My quest for 50 Incher is still going on.....

Dijeesh, I'm in Bangalore and was looking to pick up the v20 as well. Can you please let me know which dealer offered you the 60k price?

Thanks! :D

Dijeesh, I'm in Bangalore and was looking to pick up the v20 as well. Can you please let me know which dealer offered you the 60k price?

Thanks! :D

Yeah that's a great price for a P42V20 in Bangalore. The lowest I have ever received here is 64k.

I would suggest using the PM route to find out who the dealer is. This is definitely well below the MOP and the Panasonic distributor said that the company is very strict about adhering to MOP. You wouldn't want to get the dealer into any trouble.

It is off-topic..but dear you are surely one pissed off customer with panny V20.I would be lying if I didn't say your points made in different threads make me reconsider my buying decision. Unfortunately every remark you made turned true in my auditions of this display.My quest for 50 Incher is still going on.....

I am not sure whether you are praising or scolding me. Anyways, I have always made factual statements with 100% hands on experience to the benefit of fellow members here.

Again, you can buy V20, a good TV, as long as you know what you are buying. And definitely it is not an extraordinary TV, and there exist many other options. I am only suggesting do your homework and then decide.

I have already got my TV replaced once, and sooner I might call the customer service again for some new observations :). I am more picky on quality. I heard in 20th century (from my CEO), Do not do and do not accept any sub-standard work.

In my views, Panasonic is not giving us the same quality that it offers in other countries (at least in developed countries).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back