Interference from the bluetooth speaker...

sureshkn

I have a Tecsun PL310-ET radio and a Portronics SoundPot POR 280 Bluetooth speaker. Both of them are operating fine separately. The problem happens when I use them together. Since Tecsun's built in speaker's volume is not so high, I wanted to use the Line in connection from SoundPot. I connected the Headphone out from Tecsun to Line in connection of SoundPot using a 3.5mm cable provided (1 ft in length). I heard nothing but just static noise :sad:. I thought SoundPot's does not work from its line in.

At my place we receive 6 FM stations. Only one is of high strength (no need to use the telescopic antenna). Others require telescopic antenna and they sound find with antenna extended. Later I accidentally discovered :yahoo: that SoundPot's Line in works fine with the high strength station. It was not perfect but 25% noise plus 75% audio. Other stations comes out as just static noise. Seems like SoundPot is causing Tecsun not to work fine.

So, I have following doubts.,

- Probably SoundPot is not magnetically shielded. Is there any cheap & easy method to make it magnetically shielded ?
- Or should I keep Tecsun & SoundPot at a distance. Right now I have only 1 ft 3.5mm cable. Should I use 3 ft or 4 ft cable and keep them at a higher distance ?
- Or should I use Ferrite core filter with the 3.5mm cable ?

Any suggestions ? I am eager to get the SoundPot working with all 6 FM channels. :)

Thanks,
Suresh.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back