Internet radio sound quality

Akshit2111

Can someone explain me this!
Playing internet radio on my marantz avr the sq is quite good and i can hear music even at the lowest volumes which is not possible if i stream music thru amazon music or from any other source. The screen shows AAC--79Kbps.
Normally when i play music it generally shows AAC 48kbps while streaming.
Now ofcourse 79 wud be better than 48. I played some flac files over usb it showed FLAC 44.1 KHZ but i still found the internet radio quality to be better than flac and that low volume advantage quite prevalent. Can someone explain me the plausible reason.
Thanks

If the Flac file is downloaded then there is good reason to believe it is just a crappy low bit rate mp3 re-saved as flac. What you want is a player that can display the bit rate and the sampling rate. Foobar on PC is great. 44.1khz is not bit rate but sampling rate which is same as CD. So you are comparing two different things. AAC audio codec is better than MP3 at the same bit rate according to some circles, YouTube uses it.

If the Flac file is downloaded then there is good reason to believe it is just a crappy low bit rate mp3 re-saved as flac. What you want is a player that can display the bit rate and the sampling rate. Foobar on PC is great. 44.1khz is not bit rate but sampling rate which is same as CD. So you are comparing two different things. AAC audio codec is better than MP3 at the same bit rate according to some circles, YouTube uses it.
Whats the other source of getting a flac? Heos app displays bit rate i guess it said 16 bits while playing the flac file.

Making your own from original CD's is best. Rest is always dubious unless you download from legal sources. 16 bits is bit depth. CD's are 16 bit 44.1khz. Hirez files now come in 24 bit depth and upto 192 sampling.

Making your own from original CD's is best. Rest is always dubious unless you download from legal sources. 16 bits is bit depth. CD's are 16 bit 44.1khz. Hirez files now come in 24 bit depth and upto 192 sampling.
Ohh well thanks :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back