Introducing HiFiTODAY.com - India's Online AV Magazine

HiFiVision

Super Moderator
Introducing HiFiTODAY.com - India's Online AV Magazine

HiFiTODAY-728x90.jpg

I am happy to announce the arrival of India's New Online AV Magazine - HiFiTODAY.com

HiFiTODAY.com was conceived to fill in a void present in reviews of AV components. How many times have you read a professional review of an Audio Component either in print or on-line, where the reviewer was not based in India or the equipment was not available in India or worse the pricing shown in the review was not reflective of actual Indian retail price? And what about the quality of the reviews themselves? Well we asked ourselves the same questions, and decided to present to you, HiFiTODAY.com, Indias definitive Audio/Video E-Zine.

What differentiates us from others? For starters we are based in India, so every review of equipment that you see here is available in India and in stock with dealers and distributors. Secondly we will indicate accurate pricing of every piece of equipment we review so that you will have no surprises when it is time to buy. However the most important differentiator will be the quality of writing.

All our reviewers are serious audio enthusiasts who have been participating in HiFiVision.com for many years and own some excellent gear. It is with their equipment and in their own listening rooms where they will review the equipment, so you can be assured of excellent write ups that will be an authoritative indication of the audio/video quality of the equipment under test.

Without any further ado, I invite you to visit www.HiFiTODAY.com

hifitoday_header.jpg

PS: if you are a manufacturer / distributor and would like to submit your product for review, then please contact us.

All the very best.
I like the premium look of the font used and the color / layout.
Also is it possible to do some measurements? Numbers serve as a good starting point for comparisons, and that's what the reviews ultimately serve to do ... right?

Also is it possible to do some measurements? Numbers serve as a good starting point for comparisons, and that's what the reviews ultimately serve to do ... right?

Thanks Alpha1. Yes that is a valid question - however for now all reviews will be subjective reviewer opinions. The main issue for Objective testing/measurements is primarily the logistical challenge - as the review equipment you read about has to be shipped to a central testing lab where the testing equipment will be located, and you can appreciate the difficulty involved in shipping equipment there (both expense and reliability of shipping providers). Perhaps down the road, if there is enough demand, we can try to do this.
And that brings me to the next point - all the reviews published in HifiTODAY are essentially reviewer opinions of the product in question. One should use this purely as guideline and not gospel (and that is the case for all reviews in all magazines, on-line or print). Finally while shortlisting equipment, whenever possible, always try to audition before buying. Ultimately only you ears will be able to determine what is appealing to you.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Fantastic. I was sent the link to the review of my Ushers on the magazine by Mr. Jagwani, wonderful destination for us.

Dear HIFITODAY editorial team and the first reviewers,

Kudos for the start of a "much needed" magazine. As you have written in your introductory post, there is indeed a need for such an online magazine which has a clear "Indian" flair with gear available here and the "ears" that hear such gear and speak about it also being local.
The first reviews have been really nice - both from content and presentation. What I have also immensely liked is the fact that the reviewers have also used Indian classical music and included music from Bollywood flicks for their reviews. Excellent. The layout is just prefect - easy on the eyes, well spaced out and eggs us on to read the complete review in one sitting !

I would love to see a few more music pieces from well recorded Indian Classical - Hindustani as well as Carnatic music used in the future reviews. Granted - its not so easy to source the good recordings! Also useful could be if, in addition to the reviewers using the reference pieces from their own collections, we could have one or two tracks common across different products being reviewed. Say - it might be interesting to hear how a particular Diana Krall track sounds on a variety of speakers....

All the best for futher issues !

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back