Invention Audio

sidvee

I would like to bring to the attention of the FM's here a very disturbing event that occurred recently. There is an individual named Sandeep who has some connection to Invention Audio/Hyderabad, owner/partner etc. I met this individual a few times in Audio shows. Anyways there was a post recently about some power conditioner that his company made that was getting some good reviews. He had offered me this unit a few months ago for audition but I refused since I am quite happy with what I have (he has my phone no. and also connected on what's app). Since I was not comfortable with his solicitation, I had blocked his whats app contact. So when there was discussion thread about his power conditioner and some photo's of the internals were published, I commented that the estimated selling price (32k) and what was shown in photo's was very high.
Yesterday he started posting some messages via true caller messaging (as I had blocked whats app) and he started hounding me as to why I posted anything on his power conditioner without knowing anything about it. I replied that I commented only on cost vis-a-vis the photos that were published and not on the performance of the unit. After that he went on a tirade that he has sourced some very expensive components etc., better than Pass labs, and he insulted me that I think I am a great reviewer etc. I have deleted his messages now and blocked his contact as spam, but this is very disturbing to me. Thought I would bring it to the attention of all forum members here, to deal with caution with this company.
I can retrieve the messages he sent to me and post it here, but prefer to avoid that for now. I would like to encourage all local/Indian manufactures of audio equipment but this is total harassment imo and absolutely uncalled for.
Cheers,
Sid

@sidvee , you are a respected member of this forum and this is really unacceptable behaviour towards you. If thats really someone from Invention audio then thats a -ve in my books.

Yeah. It is kinda weird that a component manufacturer takes this route.
Any product will be lauded, accepted, criticized or bashed. That is the game.
Designers/manufacturers should take it as feedback (positive and negative).
Use this feedback to improve on design, sales, service or pricing as the case maybe.

On the forum, there is a report button. I assume it is also available to FMs with commercial interests.
This could have been exercised, in my opinion, instead of resorting to unwarranted solicitation.

Cheers,
Raghu

Well that settles the doubt in my mind. If he was a professional and confident about his product, he would not have done what he did. Thanks for the head's up.

Thanks for the support guys, I did not want to bring this up in the forum and discredit him but what happened was bordering on scary, especially since he has my phone number and was able to get to me even after I blocked him on whats app etc. Also he uses different phone nos. and different aliases. Deeply unsettling. A big lesson learnt for me, in future I will avoid these type of manufacturers entirely.
Cheers,
Sid

The member has since been banned on the forum.
Captain when I was a moderator he was banned once, but then he showed up with a different handle.
Anyways I created this post so that others may exercise caution if they want to deal with Invention Audio. I will not post anything further.
Cheers,
Sid

I am sorry to see this.

This is not good on the part of Invention Audio

I dont like this kind of attitude.

Captain when I was a moderator he was banned once, but then he showed up with a different handle.
IIRC, the said individual was banned more than once in the past several years. He always comes up with a new handle. I don't understand why he tries to hide his commercial intent.

Anyways I created this post so that others may exercise caution if they want to deal with Invention Audio. I will not post anything further.
You don't need to be defensive Sid. You're well within your rights to put facts on record. That's what is this forum about.

I asked him some pertinent questions [on HFV] about his product and he was always evasive and never responded on point. I then ignored his posts completely. If people had read those posts it would have set off warning bells immediately and they would have dealt with him cautiously. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people fell for his "product".

You don't need to be defensive Sid. You're well within your rights to put facts on record. That's what is this forum about.
Not defensive Captain, but since this is the first time this type of issue happened (at-least from what I can recall of being on the forum for the past 12 years), I want to make sure my side of the issue and its intention is clearly explained and nothing is left to interpretation and at the same time I don't want to belabor the point by making too many posts. Secondly by naming the company and the individual, hopefully regardless of how many aliases he uses and how many times he re-joins, FM's can make an informed choice whether to deal with him or not.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this sidvee. I am also a little embarrassed that all this happened on my review thread.

The background to the review :

I first heard the invention audio system at the whathifi show in Bangalore a few years ago. To be honest, I kinda liked the system. It was doing a lot of things right. I had forgotten about this brand until I saw Panditji's post about the power conditioner recently. After a week, I got a message from Sandeep saying that the conditioner is on demo in Bangalore and asked me if I wanted to try it out. I said ok and I personally picked it up from someone on the other side of town once I was able to find the time. I told him that I am not planning buy. After a week he asked me if I can write a short review of my experience with it. I wrote the review because I had never ran into any issues with the guy in the past and genuinely wanted to help an Indian brand. There were a few unnecessary phone calls of course but I did not think much of it.

w.r.t the review, it does its job like all such noise filter / power conditioners do. I purposely left the price out of the review because it is a kind of product I have never done much R&D into.

Last edited:
This week, I got the power conditioner for use here and to my ears it is an improvement over the Isotek Polaris that I have on loan currently.

So suggested one for my brother for his new setup in the US. But we had to do some customization including chassis modification. He was pretty helpful and patient during the process. And charged very little for the extra work too. Overall I had to do some back and forth. But EOD very happy with the outcome.

Intention of sharing this is not in any way whatsoever to undermine other kind of experiences the dear fellow FM(s) had...but just wanted to share mine as is.

Last edited:
To separate the two issues, there is the product and the person behind it. The product may be good, but the person , from what I see above seems to be a scary guy to know or deal with !

To separate the two issues, there is the product and the person behind it. The product may be good, but the person , from what I see above seems to be a scary guy to know or deal with !

yes, plz read my post again :)

Dude, I think you are on the wrong thread
Sidvee started this about the person and not the product...since you are talking of the product, there is another thread on that

Sandeep is a bit pushy but helpful as well. He helped me with the room acoustics as well as a customized power conditioner which I’m happy with. He would have commercial interest and hence willing to let people try his products before buying them but then not many agree for home trials.

Dude, I think you are on the wrong thread
Sidvee started this about the person and not the product...since you are talking of the product, there is another thread on that

But that thread has been taken down I guess

Sandeep is a bit pushy but helpful as well. He helped me with the room acoustics as well as a customized power conditioner which I’m happy with. He would have commercial interest and hence willing to let people try his products before buying them but then not many agree for home trials.

No reason to abuse anybody though..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back