Invertor Su-kam or Luminous

srikar2011

Hi,

Kindly suggest me which inverter out of Su-kam or luminous is better. I would like to run my home theater on this just to safeguard shutdown.
I like below features:
1. Comaptible with Desktop PC (Switch Over time 8 Milli seconds )
Switch over time of a typical pure sine wave inverter in the market 13 Milli seconds
Switch over time of Sukam Falcon Plus Home UPS 8 MIlli seconds.
2. Advanced Battery charging time which increased battery life.

Luminous has got good LCD display which show how many backup hours left for utilization which is missing in sukam invertor.

Both has got MCB and overload protection.

Neither. Go for a Emerson Liebert MT GXT.
Been using mine for over 5 years and it is very very good. I use it for my audio and have no complaints in the switch over - as the Emerson unit constantly powers the audio rig via its battery. This means that there are no fluctuations in the Volatage and I also get a constant 50hz cycle... Usually in Gurgaon the cycles at only 38. That is very bad news for audio / video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Srikar

You should go for the brand which sells a lot in Bangalore and also which has good after sales service should you run into any issues thereafter....

If you have brand names in hand , go and check over google review of users in Bangalore...I am sure you will find something which will help to steer to the right brand...

Been using Luminous now for nearly 5 years without any issues.

Don't power the amp and speakers, but I power a couple of PCs (i5 and i7) with speakers (Creative 5.1), in other words entertainment and gaming PCs, totally tricked out, and used for either gaming or streaming the likes of Netflix without issues. In addition, also router, NAS, a Raspberry Pi, Swans speakers, 4-6 lights, 2-4 fans, as well as the likes of CCA, Roku, and a couple of LCD TVs, Tata Sky and Videocon DTH.

Never had any issues, even internet stays online, and have used for as long as 8-9 hours at a stretch (extreme case of power cuts that thankfully does not happen anymore).

I do have a friend using Luminous for his HT, running Onkyo 616 and 5.1 speakers, so that works too.

Whats the model of Luminous you are using?

Don't power the amp and speakers, but I power a couple of PCs (i5 and i7) with speakers (Creative 5.1), in other words entertainment and gaming PCs, totally tricked out, and used for either gaming or streaming the likes of Netflix without issues. In addition, also router, NAS, a Raspberry Pi, Swans speakers, 4-6 lights, 2-4 fans, as well as the likes of CCA, Roku, and a couple of LCD TVs, Tata Sky and Videocon DTH.

Never had any issues, even internet stays online, and have used for as long as 8-9 hours at a stretch (extreme case of power cuts that thankfully does not happen anymore).

I do have a friend using Luminous for his HT, running Onkyo 616 and 5.1 speakers, so that works too.

second georgeo. pure sine wave is the best. modified sine wave will do as well. stay away from square wave

APC Smart UPS 1KVA for all my Networking devices, TV, Roku, Rpi, TataSky, Bedroom HTPC, Synology NAS plus my ESXi server. For my Home Theater 2KVA Microtech Online UPS..... simple..:)

as banglore gets less power cuts go light on the invie battery

Square wave days were gone in 1947 ... approx sine is there even in 1200Rs inverter

A sine wave 650VA one with (4000Rs )+ a 120AH (9000Rs)good brand battery will do the job ,
as per calculations should reach 9-10Hr with some 260Watt load .
Most chotu devices like , NAS , tatasky , roku are like a 1piece of aloo chips
if all all load is represented with a food platter .
fat chickens are the fan and tv loads fans pull 68W (new BLDC ones 35W full speed)
Tv can be 120W led.
Lights never ever use pure waster CFLs .
a BUCKET of LED bulbs will light 6 rooms with just 60Watts (this is a must for a lower cost inverter )
CAUTION : many chinafake leds are there in TOLEXO . Always select among syska/eveready/wiro/CG like brands ..NEVER for unknown LED bulbs
they have a linear dropper capacitor only (cheap ones) ..in place of real SMPS driver .
the cheap leds burn with slight 30V +- in mains

There is no point in putting 3x power inverter unless u have a dupllex or a villa ( u may have i am not sure ... ) .

Why lower cap battery ?
higher cap battery takes more power , and there is good power loss in the chemical process ... lower battery is 5k cheaper . May give 300Rs saving on bills(savings for sure in every months ) .
Next is battery change saves you again 5k. .and the story goes on and on ..

Last edited:

Hi,
Which model of Luminous are your using? Im searching one too for my Gaming PC. I currently own a 1000Kva Luminous EcoVolt and it does not support my PC.

It's the Eco Volt. Since I got it I discarded the APC UPS too.

Luminous - Jis Pe Desh Kare Bharosa

Hi,

What is the Inverter Capacity of your Ecovolt? I have a 850Va Inverter from Luminous and it does not support my Gaming PC. I also tried the 1000Kva and 1500kva one's. Both did not support my Gaming PC. I also directly connected the PC and inverter to try if it works. It did not !! Is there something i have to specifically do ?
My Gaming PC Specs:

PSU: Coolermaster 650W.
Processor: AMD 8320 FX.
GPU: MSI 970GTX.
Memory: 16gb.
HDD: 1TB.

Hi,
Which model of Luminous are your using? Im searching one too for my Gaming PC. I currently own a 1000Kva Luminous EcoVolt and it does not support my PC.

Hi,
EcoVolt capacity? Which one should i use?

My PC Specs are:
PSU: 650W.
Processor: AMD 8320FX.
Monitor: 21" LCD.

Hi,

What is the Inverter Capacity of your Ecovolt? I have a 850Va Inverter from Luminous and it does not support my Gaming PC. I also tried the 1000Kva and 1500kva one's. Both did not support my Gaming PC. I also directly connected the PC and inverter to try if it works. It did not !! Is there something i have to specifically do ?
My Gaming PC Specs:

PSU: Coolermaster 650W.
Processor: AMD 8320 FX.
HDD: 1TB.

Live in a duplex...

900 VA and 1500 VA (for my network, NAS, PC, AMP + speakers, routers, switch, PC speakers, entire house lights and fans (used in 1-2 rooms at a time). In fact everything other than AC, heater, microwave, oven, dishwasher, and fridge are connected. Same for 900VA and other house too.

For me APC pure sine wave 850V works fine since last few years. Takes good amount to load including plasma TV (260W) and other couple of households simultaneously

Last edited:
I have two Su-kam Falcon 1500 VA pure sine wave two battery inverters backing up my home - one for household electrics like fans, lights, TV etc. and one specifically for my computer, home-theater, security system, routers etc. Both have performed flawlessly for years; the only thing I do is top up the batteries with distilled water every couple of months (more often during the summer). They are kept outside on balconies and are soldiering on despite all the dust they have accumulated. I'd recommend Su-kam without hesitation.

I have been using Su-Kam for a decade. It seems to be well built since it has withstood several years of extreme temperatures that we have been experiencing. So would definitely recommend it.

Both Su-kam and Luminous are leading inverter/ups brands. I used Luminous inverter but i also read reviews about Su-kam inverter they are positive and good. So according to my opinion Su-kam and Luminous are best in quality and performance.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back