Iphone 4 as a high res audio player

Sandesh

I decided to dust up my old Iphone 4 and use it as a music player. Unfortunately I am unable to update beyond 7.1 version as a result I can't stream. So I wanted to use it as a high res audio file player. I tried downloading FLAC and then converting it to ALAC to play on the iphone 4, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to update on the Itunes. Can any one suggest me what high res audio format will work with this iphone?

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but I am also planning to do the same, To use my phone as streaming device.
I have Samsung Galaxy A50 phones. I have installed Spotify, Tidal, USB Audio player pro etc on my phone. I use this phone to listen Tidal on Sony headphones. I am particularly impressed with the sound quality of USB Audio player pro. This phone has USB C type port which can send digital data to DAC . Now I wish to connect this USB C type port to one of the digital port of my Marantz NR1608 av receiver so that I can use Marantz internal DAC . Maranrz doesn't have USB input port. Check with front USB port but it doesn't work as it is designed only for charging and pen drives. Not interested in casting/mirroring over wifi or bluetooth connections and use of phone 3.5 mm Jack. Please help me in this regards.
1. Do converters/ adapters works flawlessly. Please suggest one if you have used one.
2. Do Thunderbolt 3 cable ( USB C Type to HDMI ) works flawlessly . Reviews says it works only with certain devices.
3. Do OTG cable will work in this case.
3. What are the possible options within 5K budget.
Other options..
I am left with, is portable dac where I can use phone to stream and dac will provide RCA output .
Use of Android TV box to install USB Audio Player pro and use of HDMI/Optical out .
Install USB Audio Player pro on my Sony android TV and stream through HDMI ARC/Optical .
Not sure whether USB Audio player pro will support HDMI/Optical ports of ATB or Sony TV
Have tried with USB C type cable to USB A type from phone to Marantz, Denon avr, Pioneer, Sony BDP nothing work.
Note. USB Audio player pro users, Please ink your valuable information about UAPP. ( Due to this I have postpone Blusound node 2i purchase)
Thanks....

I decided to dust up my old Iphone 4 and use it as a music player. Unfortunately I am unable to update beyond 7.1 version as a result I can't stream. So I wanted to use it as a high res audio file player. I tried downloading FLAC and then converting it to ALAC to play on the iphone 4, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to update on the Itunes. Can any one suggest me what high res audio format will work with this iphone?
Check out this link where it seems to discuss the issue you have. I am guessing you have already checked it out, if not here it is.

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but I am also planning to do the same, To use my phone as streaming device.
I have Samsung Galaxy A50 phones. I have installed Spotify, Tidal, USB Audio player pro etc on my phone. I use this phone to listen Tidal on Sony headphones. I am particularly impressed with the sound quality of USB Audio player pro. This phone has USB C type port which can send digital data to DAC . Now I wish to connect this USB C type port to one of the digital port of my Marantz NR1608 av receiver so that I can use Marantz internal DAC . Maranrz doesn't have USB input port. Check with front USB port but it doesn't work as it is designed only for charging and pen drives. Not interested in casting/mirroring over wifi or bluetooth connections and use of phone 3.5 mm Jack. Please help me in this regards.
1. Do converters/ adapters works flawlessly. Please suggest one if you have used one.
2. Do Thunderbolt 3 cable ( USB C Type to HDMI ) works flawlessly . Reviews says it works only with certain devices.
Other options..
I am left with, is portable dac where I can use phone to stream and dac will provide RCA output .
Use of Android TV box to install USB Audio Player pro and use of HDMI/Optical out .
Install USB Audio Player pro on my Sony android TV and stream through HDMI ARC/Optical .
Not sure whether USB Audio player pro will support HDMI/Optical ports of ATB or Sony TV
Have tried with USB C type cable to USB A type from phone to Marantz, Denon avr, Pioneer, Sony BDP nothing work.
Note. USB Audio player pro users, Please ink your valuable information about UAPP. ( Due to this I have postpone Blusound node 2i purchase)
Thanks....
Did you check this device? Seems to suit your need. Usb C to HDMI.

If not this, you could check out various other usb c to hdmi cables or adaptors.

MaSh

Already I have this cable and checked with AVRs, BDPs etc but it doesn't work. Now I am looking for USB Type C to HDMI/Optical cable or USB C type to HDMI/Optical converter/adapter. I wanted to use Marantz DAC instead of phone DAC . Other solution is either external dac with USB input or IA with USB Audio input like Marantz PM7005 but both seems to be expensive and not interested to invest in now.

Already I have this cable and checked with AVRs, BDPs etc but it doesn't work. Now I am looking for USB Type C to HDMI/Optical cable or USB C type to HDMI/Optical converter/adapter. I wanted to use Marantz DAC instead of phone DAC . Other solution is either external dac with USB input or IA with USB Audio input like Marantz PM7005 but both seems to be expensive and not interested to invest in now.
Ohh okay. Were you able to figure out why the cable is not transmitting?

MaSh

Really don't know but its not working. On Denon it shows ' No connection ' and on Marantz it's not getting detected where as pendrive work flawlessly on both units as well as on BDP also. Has anyone tried USB to HDMI converter/adapter or USB to HDMI cable. Please give feedback...

Buy a fiio music player (dap). Its support nearly all audio formats

Other options..
Thanks....
Marantz’s recevier have usb digital in?? If yes then u need a otg (type c to usb female) when otg connects to the phone end and other end on Marantz’s receiver (via usb) its automatically detect the dac inside the reciver.
I’m using a samsung tab as aforesaid method through a external dac.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back