IR Remote Code For Dish Set Top Box (STB)

thekinge

Hi All,

I am trying to program my Onkyo AVR remote to control all my equipment. I have been able to program the Onkyo remote to control my Sony TV, DVD player et al, but I am getting nowhere with my Dish TV STB. The STB is a Zenega CD-1004is model manufactured by Handan corporation, Korea.

I have looked up the net and tried various codes such as 01184, 00775, 03300 etc and none of them work. Unfortunately the Onkyo remote is not a learning remote so I cannot put the remote in learning mode to figure out the IR code. Has anyone with a learning universal remote such as Harmony been able to control the Dish TV Zenega STB successfully? Can you kindly share the Zenega STB IR code with me?

Thanks In Advance,
thekinge

In remotes like Harmony, any new device is added using PC with the Logitech interface connected to their server.

Zenega STB CD-1004S etc., are listed and one can simply add on. Since this done automatically, there are NO remote codes as such available.

In case any device is not listed, the Harmony learns by receiving IR signals for individual buttons, from the original remote. So here again there's no remote code as such.

Maybe you could try writing to Onkyo/ Zenega and request them the codes for using with your Onkyo remote.

Good luck!

Last edited:
In remotes like Harmony, any new device is added using PC with the Logitech interface connected to their server.

Zenega STB CD-1004S etc., are listed and one can simply add on. Since this done automatically, there are NO remote codes as such available.

In case any device is not listed, the Harmony learns by receiving IR signals for individual buttons, from the original remote. So here again there's no remote code as such.

Maybe you could try writing to Onkyo/ Zenega and request them the codes for using with your Onkyo remote.

Good luck!

Thanks reju.

I don't own a Harmony hence I can take the liberty of posting a silly question: Doesn't the Harmony remote database have the IR codes as a column?

I tried google but could not locate a website for Zenega. And the website for Handan corporation is shut down. I think I will need a lot of luck getting their contact details and subsequently getting a response from them!

Thanks reju.

I don't own a Harmony hence I can take the liberty of posting a silly question: Doesn't the Harmony remote database have the IR codes as a column?

NO.

You can try to contact Onkyo. They might have updated their records for remote codes.

Guyz

If you need to copy the IR codes of Tata Sky manually, then you guyz need to use the Channel Numbers as the IR codes...
For Eg :

101 - Tata Sky Welcome Page - IR Code - 101
303 - Movie Channel - IR Code - 303
and so on...

All the above information is tried and tested, as our Automation System uses the same...

For Tata Sky you can use codes for "Thomson STB". I did for my brother and it worked well.

Guyz

If you need to copy the IR codes of Tata Sky manually, then you guyz need to use the Channel Numbers as the IR codes...
For Eg :

101 - Tata Sky Welcome Page - IR Code - 101
303 - Movie Channel - IR Code - 303
and so on...

All the above information is tried and tested, as our Automation System uses the same...

Unfortunately that does not work with the Onkyo Remote since it accepts only one IR code for each component that needs to be programmed

For Tata Sky you can use codes for "Thomson STB". I did for my brother and it worked well.

The Dish TV STB is branded as Zenega but manufactured by Handan corporation neither of which are listed by Onkyo when I am in the remote programming screen.

I recently sold my Onkyo TX-SR608 and purchased Onkyo TX-SR876. I used the learning feature of 876's remote and to make it learn Dish STB remote commands. Now all my devices except PS3 are controlled by 876's remote. Thank god for learning remotes:cool:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back