Is it a choice? Can you 'choose' to be an audiophile?

shibashis

Yes, is it really a choice for you and me? Can you 'choose' to be an audiophile? Do you have the choice? I can go on a beautifully worded post on why and how it is impossible for us to have that choice. Instead I will just say this, in my experience I can not simply not be an audiophile. It bothers me to the point of physical discomfort when I am listening to music and I can sense what is wrong, just wrong and I want to blow my brains out, it is that irksome.
I sit down, I listen, I am enjoying, I reminisce, I weave in and out of a day dream, I eulogize the composition and the arrangement and then, the dreadful realization gets hold of me. My brows are furrowed, I start sweating a little, I want to call out and ask my wife to change the netbanking password or blacklist all my cards because I know what is coming. I am helpless, just helpless.

Freedom of choice is not for me, I am a slave, I was born one. I do not wish to break the shackles, I just want a room with proper treatment to get the imaging right!

Tell me then, how it is all for you?

Keep the "illusion of discontent" in the audio bubble (sort of your own containment zone).
If the system becomes "perfect", the brain may start looking for new areas to pick on.
Cheers,
Raghu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back