Is it ok to import speakers from other country ?

SrikanthYadav

Hi all,

This is the site i am looking into.

I am planning to buy from them coming soon in future, I asked them the price including shipping. It is 1828 euros. They will deliver either through UPS or DHL express service. Currently UPS makes custom clearance it seems ( what is mean by this ?).

Can someone please tell me the final price after adding custom duty or import taxes in india, until it reaches my home. I live in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, it is okay to import speakers from other countries. It's your money afterall ;)

But, customs clearance (duty payment and procedures involved) is something which many in the forum have had trouble with.

What is the reason to go for Arendal speakers in particular? From what you've mentioned, your total cost would be around 2 lakh INR inclusive of duty. For that budget, you can find plenty of speakers from local dealers that perform very well.

Or look into DIY options if that's your thing and you can get an entire 5 ch home theater for less than your budget.

-ktks1

Yes, it is okay to import speakers from other countries. It's your money afterall ;)

But, customs clearance (duty payment and procedures involved) is something which many in the forum have had trouble with.

What is the reason to go for Arendal speakers in particular? From what you've mentioned, your total cost would be around 2 lakh INR inclusive of duty. For that budget, you can find plenty of speakers from local dealers that perform very well.

Or look into DIY options if that's your thing and you can get an entire 5 ch home theater for less than your budget.

-ktks1

Ya i have other options as well, but i thought of arendal speakers as they have got very nice reviews from many of them also it fits well in my budget.
I am thinking of Kef Q series speakers as well, but for some reason i dont have much trust on them. These were the speakers i had in mind along with arendal as second option.

Kef Q350 as fronts, Q650C as center and Q50A as surrounds and polk ceiling speakers for atmos, SVS PB1000 dual subwoofers and Marantz/Denon 7.2 av receiver.

But is there any one using Kef speakers and i want to know from them, does they last long at least 10 Years ?

Thanks.

your total cost would be around 2 lakh INR inclusive of duty
Ya this is what i want, what could be the import tax percentage here including all expenses ?

Not worth importing paying custom duties. Better to find something locally. You could check kef R100. A local dealer here in Bangalore has got a couple of sealed boxes. R100 all around + dual svs should be a good setup.

MaSh

Ive been so tempted to order a pair of Dynavoice speakers to India. They cost just 18k in Sweden, but local dealers are selling them at a cost of 54k that too after discount. :(

I have imported the following - amp, processor,dsp, NAS and projector screen and hand carried projector, blu ray player and sub. Speakers I bought locally.

I used a service called Borderlinx. They use DHL but handle everything end to end. so you know what you are signing up and get clear pricing and intimations.

Speakers being a bit delicate, it will depend upon how will they pack, will they protect against damages, and will you get a warranty once you bring it here. Last one is not very relevant unless you get a DoA.

Hi, please go through this thread for import formalities posted in great detail by fellow member Vivek

I had recently bought a pair of KEF Q150 from the US which were brought by a relative as checked in baggage and marked as fragile, he managed to bring them without much difficulty since the speakers were relatively small and the cost was within permissible limit. No experience of importing through shipping though.

Hi, please go through this thread for import formalities posted in great detail by fellow member Vivek

I had recently bought a pair of KEF Q150 from the US which were brought by a relative as checked in baggage and marked as fragile, he managed to bring them without much difficulty since the speakers were relatively small and the cost was within permissible limit. No experience of importing through shipping though.
Thank you. i will read it completely.

As far as trusting in KEF goes, I have Q7, Q5 and Q9C since 2004. No problem at all. Bought locally in 2004 in Bangalore thru the Pro FX dealer at that time. God's grace no problems at all.
I would recommend buying speakers locally as they are fragile items and all packing in the world cannot guarantee safe delivery plus customs shipping tension etc don't make it worthwhile. Better buy locally though you may pay more.
PS: Speakers are made in china not UK! :)

As far as trusting in KEF goes, I have Q7, Q5 and Q9C since 2004. No problem at all. Bought locally in 2004 in Bangalore thru the Pro FX dealer at that time. God's grace no problems at all.
I would recommend buying speakers locally as they are fragile items and all packing in the world cannot guarantee safe delivery plus customs shipping tension etc don't make it worthwhile. Better buy locally though you may pay more.
PS: Speakers are made in china not UK! :)
Ya, here too, same profx dealer, USK electronics. Took the quotation of Kef speakers, but after going through few reviews i found few users who used kef's, said sound is not good at high volumes. Thats why looking for alternative brand also.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back