Is it okay to buy Samsung UA55H6400 from ebay.in?

swapnil.s

Hi,

After some research, I have made up my mind to buy Samsung UA55H6400. But the price difference I see is huge among online retailers. Flipkart and Snapdeal are selling for around 1.37 Lakhs and the one I see in ebay.in is 85k.

I know that ebay is selling imported TV but they are honoring 1 year dealers warranty. Does anyone has any similar prior experience in buying TVs from ebay.in, since they have mentioned every explicitly that in case of any problem do not contact manufacturer's service center instead contact us and send the defective product.

Kindly Advice!

Thanks!
Swapnil

A month back my cousin bought a 40" TV from ebay.in under seller warranty. He chose a Chennai based dealer even though a Delhi based dealer was cheaper by Rs.800/-. He visited the dealer's shop, spoke to a person there regarding warranty before ordering.

These are imported sets not covered under Samsung India warranty. The TVs come with full unopened packing and bill. In case of any problem, you can return it to the dealer for free repair or take it Samsung service center for paid repair. Given the price differential, it is your choice to take the risk, but you will get service from Samsung on paid basis

^ yes, that is exactly what needs to be done. You try finding seller near your area. The plus point is you can visit the shop and the next point is in case of warranty, you need to send the TV to the seller in courier if he is located in another City. The is going to be a big hassle if buy away from your place.

Then buy through ebay. You will also be covered under Ebay protection.

Hi,

After some research, I have made up my mind to buy Samsung UA55H6400. But the price difference I see is huge among online retailers. Flipkart and Snapdeal are selling for around 1.37 Lakhs and the one I see in ebay.in is 85k.

I know that ebay is selling imported TV but they are honoring 1 year dealers warranty. Does anyone has any similar prior experience in buying TVs from ebay.in, since they have mentioned every explicitly that in case of any problem do not contact manufacturer's service center instead contact us and send the defective product.

Kindly Advice!

Thanks!
Swapnil

I would not advice you to go with a seller warranty. you are spending nearly a lac rupees. I bought a Samsung TV from ebay under manufacturer warranty. In 3 months I faced display panel issue and got a Panel replacement. Again I faced the same issue and now got refund. And all this I could handle from sitting in my place. Hassle free process. If u buy under manufacturer warranty they will come to you in case of any issues. Just a complaint needs to be raised ( Toll free number :clapping:). They will send their own Service Person to check and replace the parts in front of you. If u go with a dealer warranty u have to do all those. you have to send the product to them in your own expense. There is a lot of pain involved. So trust me its not safe. I would recommend you to visit a near by retailer and bargain hard. Think twice before making a choice. Good Luck.

Last edited:
^ yes, that is exactly what needs to be done. You try finding seller near your area. The plus point is you can visit the shop and the next point is in case of warranty, you need to send the TV to the seller in courier if he is located in another City. The is going to be a big hassle if buy away from your place.

Then buy through ebay. You will also be covered under Ebay protection.

Thanks gp_freak!
I couldn't find any seller close to my place (Hyderabad)
Difference is about 50k and its huge. I bought Xperia Z1 from ebay for 29k when it was selling online for 37k and i did receive a genuine sealed pack item. So I am very tempted here :rolleyes:

I would not advice you to go with a seller warranty. you are spending nearly a lac rupees. I bought a Samsung TV from ebay under manufacturer warranty. In 3 months I faced display panel issue and got a Panel replacement. Again I faced the same issue and now got refund. And all this I could handle from sitting in my place. Hassle free process. If u buy under manufacturer warranty they will come to you in case of any issues. Just a complaint needs to be raised ( Toll free number :clapping:). They will send their own Service Person to check and replace the parts in front of you. If u go with a dealer warranty u have to do all those. you have to send the product to them in your own expense. There is a lot of pain involved. So trust me its not safe. I would recommend you to visit a near by retailer and bargain hard. Think twice before making a choice. Good Luck.

Thanks suga49!
Thats what i am not able to decide since the price gap is steep (50k). I was wondering if people have faced issues with this kind of products.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back