Is it possible to connect ELAC DBR62 with Sony StrDh190 Amp?

Hifi_Noob

Dear all,

Happy New Year.

I possess ELAC DBR62 speakers, PSW10 sub and SonyStrDh190 amp.

Can I connect them together somehow?

I believe that neither Amp nor Sub are powerful enough to drive ELAC DBR62 speakers. But I am a hifi noob. So, I need an expert opinion.

Please suggest, if we can connect them all.

Eagerly waiting for your replies.

Warm Regards,

I think you can drive these speakers with this sony amp. The amp power is 200 w rms as per the details that I got on internet. The back panel says one can connect speakers from 6 - 16 ohms impedance. The Elac speakers are 120 w max power handling (each speaker), 6 ohms impedance that means the speakers are compatible. You can connect these speakers and try as 120w power handling does not mean you have to use amp powered 120w per channel, one can even use a 50w per channel amp provided the impedance is matching. Just connect the speakers and check, do not connect sub at that time. Later you can connect the sub after you are satisfied. I am not sure how you connect the sub to the amp as your amp does not have a sub-out and your sub has it's own built in amplifier that means it does not require power from the amp. Please check from your owners manual about sub connectivity option. First read the owners manual, very important and also see some you tube review videos.

I think you can drive these speakers with this sony amp. The amp power is 200 w rms as per the details that I got on internet. The back panel says one can connect speakers from 6 - 16 ohms impedance. The Elac speakers are 120 w max power handling (each speaker), 6 ohms impedance that means the speakers are compatible. You can connect these speakers and try as 120w power handling does not mean you have to use amp powered 120w per channel, one can even use a 50w per channel amp provided the impedance is matching. Just connect the speakers and check, do not connect sub at that time. Later you can connect the sub after you are satisfied. I am not sure how you connect the sub to the amp as your amp does not have a sub-out and your sub has it's own built in amplifier that means it does not require power from the amp. Please check from your owners manual about sub connectivity option. First read the owners manual, very important and also see some you tube review videos.
Thanks so much for the reply.

Friend, the manual of amp shows that the RMS value is 90 W per channel. Max power is 100 W per channel.

Could you please confirm once again by referring to the screenshot of manual I have attached, if I can connect DBR62? Sorry, I am new to all this so unable to figure out by myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20230105_223733-02.jpeg
    IMG_20230105_223733-02.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3
The RMS figures are for 8 ohms. Do not get confused by that. This amp will drive your speakers if you use one speaker out section, say 'A'. If u are not confident call some technical friend to ur home. Regarding sub connection let someone else answer from this forum who is using similar subwoofer. Check some videos on you tube, you will get answer to most of ur doubts. If they have made amp and given u an owner's manual they must have described ways of connectivity. I feel the line 4 in and out at the back is for powered subwoofer but i am not so sure. Check in manual.

This video will clear your fundamentals. He has shown connection with integrated amps. Although it is not relevant with your receiver. I think the best setting for you will be to take main speaker out from "A", and subwoofer out from "B" just like shown in the other videos I have posted previously.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back