Is it possible to make Sony Blu Ray players region free via modified firm ware update

braviafan2013

Is it possible to make Sony Blu Ray players region free via modified firm ware updates? Is it possible?

I recently bought Sony BDP S 4100 blu ray player. I was a novice and did not realize that it was a region locked player. After a month of using Radom blu ray discs, one day when I put a region A disc, the player refused to playback. (Heck! Till then I did not know what "region code locked" meant!!!)

I searched online, but found no way to unlock the region code restriction. It seems that Sony players can't be unlocked. Is that true?

Can any body on this forum have any better insight on how I could play Region A blu ray discs on my player?

Is there a place in Mumbai where I can get my player modified? Or some firm ware that I can download and install on my player to make it free?

Is it possible at all or should I just resign and get another region free player?

Re: Is it possible to make Sony Blu Ray players region free via modified firm ware up

No BD player from Sony can be made region free for BDs. Only option is hardware hack, which is not available in India. You need to import and need soldering skills.

But almost all BD players including Sony can be made region free for DVDs by remote hack (either stock or universal). Sony needs universal remote for DVD region free hack.

Another way is that you get a Region-A BDP.

Re: Is it possible to make Sony Blu Ray players region free via modified firm ware up

for the cost and time and energy
it is better to have a A zone and a B zone player..easiest solution.
even i am using a C zone as i rent only..no collection..

Are those chips still available? Could someone please mention the site/s?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back