Is it worth buy sony mhc-gzr5d hi fi?

senthilkumar.ms

Hi friends, i have plan to buy the sony mhc-gzr5d mini hifi, so is there any negatives in this product, Please suggest the alternate product on same price range (13k) if suppose this product is so negative. Please kindly suggest and convey your views. Thanks in Advance!

At this price range you won't be finding any other product with all these features and audio output power, IMO. If you want a better sounding Mini Hi-Fi component system than this, you would need to look at Yamaha/Onkyo systems, but they're much more expensive than this.

If you are looking primarily for audio, I would advise caution. Before I started investing in serious HiFi, I has a similar model from Sony. Looking back now, the sound was awful.

You might do better by some opportunistic used purchases (or topping etc, but I have no personal experience).

The TDH at 100% power is 10%, at 50% it is 1%. They could be ok for tube amp, but for a class-D amp that this model will most likely have, the numbers are outrageous.

Last edited:
I suggest go for a separate cd player and an int amp and a decent pair of bookshelves....well may be more than your budget but no lookback.....with this sony hi fi you will get an upgrade itch for sure....
budget int amp sonodyne cia slighly higher denon entry level amps...
budget bookshelf sonodyne sonus,wharfdale 9 seris....

go step by step...
cia-12k
bookshelves-8k
cd player-10k...

but for casual use this sony is a good budget all rounder...thats also true

Hi friends, i have plan to buy the sony mhc-gzr5d mini hifi, so is there any negatives in this product, Please suggest the alternate product on same price range (13k) if suppose this product is so negative. Please kindly suggest and convey your views. Thanks in Advance!

Hope you would've gone through the above replies. If this is your first system and you want all features in one go, and in this budget this is good. Above all, if the SONY sounds good to your ears now, go for it. You may upgrade later when you start loving higher systems.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back