Is it worth buying Pixel 3Xl Refurb in 2022?

arnprasad

Hi,

Wanted to buy a phone for my teenage son. He has been using phones since he was 12 and right now does have a phone...his phones are all used phones by elders in the family.

Saw this news item on Flipkart selling Pixel 3Xl 128 Gb refurb for around 15K. They have a 7 day replacement guarantee plus 12 months warranty.

How does this phone compare to newer phones in the 15K range? My son doesnt play any heavy duty games although he wants to. So if we dont game and assuming I get a decent used phone, can we think of better deals right now or is it too risky to buy refurb?

My phone is a Redmi K20 Pro rooted with Pixel experience 12.
I have a poco F1 rooted with Pixel experience 12
I have had the essential phone and google Nexus 5 new phones

I am basically a big xiaomi phone since they launched coz they are rootable and a great price to value ratio and a very active XDA community.

I have googled for the same and watched couple of youtube videos on same topic as well..but they are not comprehensive enough. I do have folks coming from US and I see ebay has lots of deals around 100 dollars. But some are CDMA and also risky. rather pay 15K if I get a good refurb

Hi,

Wanted to buy a phone for my teenage son. He has been using phones since he was 12 and right now does have a phone...his phones are all used phones by elders in the family.

Saw this news item on Flipkart selling Pixel 3Xl 128 Gb refurb for around 15K. They have a 7 day replacement guarantee plus 12 months warranty.

How does this phone compare to newer phones in the 15K range? My son doesnt play any heavy duty games although he wants to. So if we dont game and assuming I get a decent used phone, can we think of better deals right now or is it too risky to buy refurb?

My phone is a Redmi K20 Pro rooted with Pixel experience 12.
I have a poco F1 rooted with Pixel experience 12
I have had the essential phone and google Nexus 5 new phones

I am basically a big xiaomi phone since they launched coz they are rootable and a great price to value ratio and a very active XDA community.

I have googled for the same and watched couple of youtube videos on same topic as well..but they are not comprehensive enough. I do have folks coming from US and I see ebay has lots of deals around 100 dollars. But some are CDMA and also risky. rather pay 15K if I get a good refurb
Buying a refurbished phone is always risky i bought a refurbished tablet from Amazon and became faulty soon after warranty was over- 6 months. Would suggest to get a new phone fitting your budget unless refurbished by the manufacturer itself.

FWIW I'd been a Xiaomi fan after my Redmi 2/4 but newer ones have way too much bloat and are yuuuuge

After getting a pixel 4A, have become a Fan. Got a Pixel 3 for a backup phone as a refurb unit from fk and have been happy with it till now (6months +)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back