Is picture quality dependent on screen?

firearm12

Hi Guys,

I got an Optoma HD25e projector at my home. I dont have a screen yet so I use my wall to watch movies. I am looking for a 8x6 ft screen, can any one pls confirm if there is substantial improvement in picture quality when a screen is used as opposed to a white wall. Also, are expensive screens worth?

Hi Guys,

I got an Optoma HD25e projector at my home. I dont have a screen yet so I use my wall to watch movies. I am looking for a 8x6 ft screen, can any one pls confirm if there is substantial improvement in picture quality when a screen is used as opposed to a white wall. Also, are expensive screens worth?

Yes but its worth only when u have light controlled room or black/dark coloured walls which reflect no light. If not then no matter what screen, light will bleed to light coloured walls, get reflected back to screen and result in compromised image. If you have control of your room , go for the best screen else any low cost to medium budget screen will do fine.

I'm also looking to buy a screen - 108-110" 16:9 motorized one. There are too many brands (incl not-much-heard-of-ones such as viewmax, clearview, winger etc) so have decided to focus on just Liberty Grandview and Elite based on various reviews/suggestions on this forum.

But within Liberty and Liberty Grandview itself there are various series with a lot of difference in pricing. One dealer quoted Liberty Grandview for 50k+ where as other dealer quoted 35k+tax. Don't know if they were quoting prices for different series.

Also I believe Liberty screens are low-end ones compared to Liberty Grandview (as told by the dealers). Not sure if they have different screen gains. Need to find out more.

Assuming we have control on lighting conditions, how much role screen gain plays in the picture? Are screens with gain of 1.1 good enough?

Would appreciate if those who have Liberty/LibertyGrandview or Elite screens can post your series name, screen gain and the price you got it at.

Just prepare the wall with a nice border and you will be fine. This is mine.

2014523135804_zps64cc2a4f.jpg

IMG1990_zps5ee35a55.jpg

I'm also looking to buy a screen - 108-110" 16:9 motorized one. There are too many brands (incl not-much-heard-of-ones such as viewmax, clearview, winger etc) so have decided to focus on just Liberty Grandview and Elite based on various reviews/suggestions on this forum.

But within Liberty and Liberty Grandview itself there are various series with a lot of difference in pricing. One dealer quoted Liberty Grandview for 50k+ where as other dealer quoted 35k+tax. Don't know if they were quoting prices for different series.

Also I believe Liberty screens are low-end ones compared to Liberty Grandview (as told by the dealers). Not sure if they have different screen gains. Need to find out more.

Assuming we have control on lighting conditions, how much role screen gain plays in the picture? Are screens with gain of 1.1 good enough?

Would appreciate if those who have Liberty/LibertyGrandview or Elite screens can post your series name, screen gain and the price you got it at.
I am also looking for projector screen, how is clearview?

If you are already enjoying the projection on wall, do you really need a screen?
A dark room especially like night and a plain white wall with a white lustre paint, i think that is sufficient. i am having same and i did not feel the urge for screen. i found it natural to watch.

I guess it also depends on the projector- for my Epson projector, the Elite cinegrey screen was extremely better than when projected on a wall; the colours are more vibrant and black levels noticeably improved too

If you are already enjoying the projection on wall, do you really need a screen?
A dark room especially like night and a plain white wall with a white lustre paint, i think that is sufficient. i am having same and i did not feel the urge for screen. i found it natural to watch.

Years ago, I too decided to just project the picture on a wall of my bedroom and decided on the color Snowfield by Dulux based on advice from avsforum. If I'm not mistaken it was the one that gave the best contrast and reflected the primary colors almost equally. After getting the wall puttied, trued and painted, the resulting picture after calibration using basic color patterns was pretty good to my eyes at least.

Years ago, I too decided to just project the picture on a wall of my bedroom and decided on the color Snowfield by Dulux based on advice from avsforum. If I'm not mistaken it was the one that gave the best contrast and reflected the primary colors almost equally. After getting the wall puttied, trued and painted, the resulting picture after calibration using basic color patterns was pretty good to my eyes at least.
Is this grey paint and is it matte finish?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back