Is Sony HT-M5 value worth?

vilfy

active speakers

hi all,

i heard audioengine a5 active bookshelf speakers and was very impressed. have also heard sonodyne active monitors but found them very weakin bass dept.

can ppl suggest me more active bookshelf speaker brands/models?

thx.

Re: active speakers

I was sold on the Audioengine A5's.
Are the Samson or M Audio studio monitors favorably better?
Where can i find these in Delhi or Hyderabad, Is there a price list so i have a ballpark budget figure ?

satish

One of my friend's has both Samon and M-audio setup. 2 monitors and a sub. He is a DJ by profession and a sound engineer as well.
What he told me was that Samon setup is quiet good but M-audio is above it.

I am sure there will be a dealer of M-audio in delhi. Did you check out their site?

I am not sure about their prices, so its best to know it from the dealer to get the latest price
Same about the Samson, will have to check their site to know about the dealers in India

Why don't you aslo give the tannoy's active spk a listen. I found them to be better than audio engine.

I aslo recoo M-audio & Adam audio should also be on your list.
Cheers

Would suggest

Budget:
KRK RP5G2/RP5

Mid:
KRK RP8/RP8G2
Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A

High:
Mackie HR824MKII

has anyone compared the Audioengine A5s to a budget amp-speaker combo such as say the CA 340A + Wharfedale 9.1 ? Would the A5 be able to hold its own against something like that?

psychotropic, I had A2 and not listened to A5. As, predicted A5 is said to sound better than A2. But, A2 for me was never in the same league as any other entry level amp/ speaker combo's. Not even close. Its to me somewhere half way between a Klipsch Promedia or such computer speakers and a NAD/Cambridge Audio + Bookshelf combo's. Actually, I would say its more closer to computer speakers than to the other combo's. If space is a constraint, then go for them, mainly because I cannot think of any other better sounding active speaker combo in that price. However, if budget is a constraint, I would recommend you picking a second hand NAD or Marantz for close to 10k and then pair that with an entry level bookshelf. You would get a step above the A5.

The active version of the Quad 11L should also be auditioned by anyone looking for quality active bookshelfs.

I have listened to the non active version of Quads and they are n times better than the Audioengine. But, I think its quite pricely. Any idea how much does a pair cost.

I agree with gopi. The A5 would not sound better than a budget amp&spk combo.
Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back