Is there any visible difference in PQ between 1080i@50hz and 1080p@24fps

Hi experts,
Since all modern day TVs are designed to deinterlace incoming interlaced feeds, are we going to loose on PQ if I compare 1080i@50hz(HD STB) with a hollywood title([email protected]) on BluRay.

I have also another question - How our PAL B/G broadcast (50Hz) with 25fps (effective frame rate) cope up with 24fps films...does they create additional dummy frames?

Hi experts,
Since all modern day TVs are designed to deinterlace incoming interlaced feeds, are we going to loose on PQ if I compare 1080i@50hz(HD STB) with a hollywood title([email protected]) on BluRay.

I have also another question - How our PAL B/G broadcast (50Hz) with 25fps (effective frame rate) cope up with 24fps films...does they create additional dummy frames?

Deinterlacing is almost a process of line doubling done more intelligently by the digital signal processor depending on native algorithms. The PQ is as good as the feed. No amount of predictive addition of pixels will amount to the actual recording.
There will be definitely a perceivable difference between 1080i and 1080p. Watch a bluray to know.
The advantage of bluray is that predictive processing is very less. But to display 24fps 1080p has its own challenges w.r.t motion handling.

You can't compare DTH HD and Blu-Ray. Even 3GB 720p rip is much better than HD DTH. I was watching 'Tangled' in star movies HD and I found the 720p rip I have has better color reproduction.

A pure BD is perhaps around 24 GB? Correct me if I am wrong.
A single layer BD can store up to 25 GB, the double layer - double that. The pure movie itself may take anything from 20GB to 35GB - depends upon the length, number of soundtracks, etc., primarily. Rest of the BD will contains the extra material. But most BDs use up around 85% of the available space.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back