Is there something wrong with my TV? Please HELP

RMCWS

Today I faced a strange problem....

When I switched on my htpc today (it directly boots to xmbc), the tv screen showed red color images (check images below), I was worried and thought (may be it is) that my display is gone :sad: . I restarted the htpc few times but the tv was displaying red color images.

2utqj3l.jpg

smaooi.jpg

An urgent phone call came and I had to attend it. So I switched off the system (entire HT) from power. Almost an hour later I started the TV and turned on the bdp (bd>avr>TV). The picture was perfect, no issues at all. So I thought that there is some issue with the HTPC graphics or may be the particular HDMI port.

Then I turned on my HTPC again and this time, surprisingly the picture was perfect without any issues.

What could be the reason of images becoming red in color? Is there any issue with the tv or my htpc? Was there something temporarily wrong (any software or hardware) with my htpc while starting for the first time? Is there anything wrong in the particular hdmi port of avr?

This is how my system is connected ----

BDP ---> AVR ---> TV
HTPC ---> AVR ----> TV
DVDP ---> AVR ---> TV

TV is 1 and half years old.
AVR and BDP is 1 year old
HTPC is very new (a month old)

The TV is working fine for the last 10 mins as I am posting this. Don't know what is stored for me in future. :sad::sad:

I am worried about the display of the TV. If there is anything wrong with the tv (though it might have automatically rectified the issue, if possible at all) I would like to analyze it ASAP and get it repaired as the TV is under extended warranty. Please help me. :sad:

Sounds like a Cable issue but am not sure..

Thanks for your opinion. Till today (4-5 days have passed), I have not faced the issues. But would like to get more opinion from others.

Thanks in advance.

The same thing happened with me. Ultimately, I disconnected & reconnected all the HDMI cables tightly. Problem was solved.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back