Is this a good deal? Pioneer VSX-924 + Pioneer Andrew Jones package for 1 Lakh

pradipcr

Hi Guys,

I am planning to purchase an AVR for my home to use it along with my 4k TV. Will be using it equally for music and movies. I read a couple of reviews and comments in this forum and visited a few Reliance Digital outlets. I found this display piece of VSX 924+ SP 52 Floor standers + 4 AJ SP 52 surround speakers (It is an Andrew Jones speaker) + 2 Yamaha Subwoofers + Andrew Jones Center Speaker. It is a 7.2 package. They will provide 1 year pioneer warranty. The price quoted is 1 Lac. Is this a good deal since this is a display model. If yes, are there any tips to check if all is fine with this package.

Any suggestion is helpful

Regards
Pradip

Hi

Could be a good deal....check all the features you would use...the current AVR mode is 931....check the features vs what is in the 924 and decide if it makes sense and fulfills your requirements....

Which Yamaha subs? Model nos pls? You can check HT Store for the prices and decide if it is a good deal

It sounds like a good sweet deal. Primarily because of the Andrew Jones, they are worth much more than their price tag. But 924 may not be premium. I also bought 924 along with Andrew Jones 5.1, works well but for the remote stopped responding to USB play controls within 3-4 months of purchase (everything else works fine). The subwoofer is the weakest link here. Having 2 might just help run them at lower volumes hence reduce distortion. Cant be a bad deal at 100k. YMMV.

Also, using those bookshelves as surrounds is a crime. They have clean mids and beautiful bass - cant believe they are 4" drivers. So I am looking out for a pair of dipoles to free the BS out of surround duty. You can set up a stereo for your study with those extra BS.

Last edited:
Certainly sounds like a good deal, note VSX 924 is a discontinued model hence check if you can bargain on the final price. The speakers are worth no doubt. Not sure about the sub please share the model details.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back